Vacancy: Finance Manager – Freight Forwarding and Logistics
To manage the finance and accounting functions of the company which includes receivables and payables management, treasury/cash management, taxation management and financial reporting as well as ensuring high levels of compliance to accounting principles and procedures.
Also ensure appropriate accounting control procedures and systems are in place
- Oversee administration of the finance department
- Oversee preparation, revision and implementation of company budget
- Design and review financial reporting systems and preparation of financial reports
- Ensure an efficient revenue collection system
- Ensure an efficient cash-flow management system
- Review and approve vouchers – petty cash, cheque payments, suppliers, internal transfers.
- Attract and mobilize funds and other sources for the company operations
- Oversee internal and external audits
- Coordinate realization of department performance targets for the year
- Design, review and implement systems controls for the finance department
- Design, review and implement financial policies and manuals.
- Act as the company’s interface with bankers and the liaison on administrative matters.
- Confirm manually initiated funds transfers
- Liaise with other heads of department on day to day issues e.g. authorization/allocation of expenses