Garage Supervisor – Automotive
Job Salary: 30,000
Our client, an automotive garage in Kikuyu, is looking for a competent Garage Supervisor to manage their day-to-day activities.
Job Summary: The incumbent of this position shall supervise the maintenance and repair of a variety of vehicles and is responsible for the operation of the entire garage.
- Supervises and participates in making diagnoses of vehicles malfunctions and determines repairs needed.
- Coordinates and schedules the repair, maintenance, and servicing of vehicles and related equipment.
- Reviews repair orders and daily time reports to determine that production standards are met.
- In emergency situations, secures parts that cannot be obtained through regular channels.
- Dispatches personnel for and responds to emergency calls.
- Assists in the preparation of specifications for garage equipment and tools.
- Initiates requisitions for garage equipment, supplies, materials, and parts.
- Makes recommendations concerning bids for repairs, supplies, and parts.
- Keeps accurate records of work performed, supplies and materials expended, inventories, and accidents, including the estimated cost of repairs and related reports.
- Supervises online computer record systems related to vehicle maintenance, personnel data, and other miscellaneous data processing applications.
- Participates in the administration of employee performance evaluations and application of the progressive discipline process.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
- Prior supervisory skills is a must.
- Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
- At least 3 years working experience.
- BCE Driver’s License (Current)
- Basic Computer Skills.
- Certificate of Good Conduct is a must.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Substantial knowledge of vehicle repairs on various makes and models.
- Strong ability to manage an auto service staff.
- Familiar with automatic and manual transmission repairs.
- Ability to diagnose vehicle issues and present accurate estimates.
- Sound ability to articulate available services to customers.
- Impressive ability to motivate staff.
- Ability to work flexible schedules.
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 16th February 2017
Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.