Duma Works is recruiting a Group Coordinator for our client; a start-up dedicated to delivering life improving products to the under-served through the creation of accessibility and affordability.
Location: Webuye, Bungoma County or Kapsabet Nandi County.
About the role: Group Coordinators are at the heart of our business model and deliver our products and services to our clients. The role is a mixture of a sales and a loan officer role.
Equipped with our unique sales process, the hires will organize and run mobilization meetings with interested clients, follow up on sales leads, complete sales, which includes delivery of products and signing our contracts, as well as deal with delinquent customers and warranty cases.
Most importantly, they build lasting relationships with our women leaders in these groups who recruit our clients within their own social networks.
The hires will work in a small team based out of Webuye or Kapsabet and report to the hub manager there. In addition, this is an opportunity to be part of a growing start-up with big ambitions and a dedicated team.
- Identify and develop groups of clients and group leaders in rural areas of Bungoma, Kakamega and Nandi Counties
- Manage our unique sales process from start to finish, including contract signing, customer education, data entry at the PC and after-sales/warranty services
- Coach group leaders in building their sales and group management skills and develop lasting relationships beyond their initial purchase
- Manage delinquent groups and clients through strict follow up and repossessions where necessary
- Identify target audiences to grow your sales network and analyse and identify business growth opportunities
- Entry level position with limited work experience required and intensive on the job training
- Strong and proven interest in rural development and making a difference for the less well-off in this country, as well as excellent relationship building skills a must
- Self-driven, highly organised and able to operate independently towards set targets
- Rural work experience with MFIs, co-operatives, NGOs or as teachers recommended. However, no previous sales experience is required but considered an advantage
- Higher Education Diploma or BSc. in a relevant field
- Willingness to live and work in Webuye, Bungoma County
- Excellent English and Swahili required, knowledge of Bukusu a strong advantage
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2662”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2662 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 28th February 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.