Duma Works is recruiting a Head of Finance for our client; a leading distributor of modern fuel in Kenya.
About You: Are you ready to roll up your sleeves and build an organization from the ground up?
We’re seeking a strategic, meticulous, and energetic builder, to help us get there!
As Head of Finance, you will oversee all financial operations of the company to inform our long term strategy, set quarterly and annual goals, and develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information.
As a key member of the leadership team, the Head of Finance will work directly with the CEO to build creative finance solutions, and prepare the company for growth.
- Provide guidance, direction and strategic thinking to the leadership team related to cash flow management, financial risk planning and other strategic initiatives
- Lead all financial initiatives, including but not limited to, budgeting, forecasting, financial statements, funding activities, taxes, option plans, and insurance
- Assess, recommend, and implement a cash management system
- Partner with leaders across the company to drive revenue and innovation, and identify opportunities for cost savings
- In conjunction with the CEO, help with the company’s fundraising strategy and execution
- Manage corporate policies and internal controls to ensure the company’s financial reporting and general business practices are compliant with GAAP and governmental regulations
- Provide support and guidance for pricing, structure, and other contract details with key partners
- Manage financial information systems and accounting tools including maintenance, evaluation, and implementation
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with third parties such as external auditors, financial service providers, and investors
- In collaboration with the leadership team, identify key metrics to monitor and track company performance
- Coordinate financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements
- Support the CEO in communication with investors and the board
- Over time, hire and scale a finance and accounting team to support the company’s growth plans
- 5+ years financial management and accounting experience
- Proven expertise leading and building a scalable finance function including budgeting, financial modeling, accounting systems, as well as leading and promoting high performance teams
- Experience with private fundraising
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with customers, partners, employees, investors, and management
- A strategic mindset but comfortable and excited to contribute to the tactical day-to-day operations as needed (ready to get your hands dirty!)
- CPA, CFA and/or Finance MBA preferred
- Startup experience
- Experience and interest in IoT, Energy, and Fintech
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2653”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2653 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 20th February 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.