Head of Software Development – Nairobi
The Head Software Developer is a critical position in our clients continued growth in a period that will see their revolutionary platform accelerate from hundreds of users to millions across East Africa.
As the lead engineer, you will design, build, and maintain the cutting edge infrastructure while liaising directly with leadership on the companies overarching software strategy.
- Designing frameworks for a wide range of frontend and backend features based on input from observations of operations, management requests, or specific hardware integrations
- Implement, debug, and optimize major systems in the context of a cross-platform code base
- Spearhead development of innovative solutions to optimize user experience, distribution, inventory, tracking, and telemetry
- Contribute significantly to system architecture, technical designs, and postmortems
- Perform data and code analysis to identify improvement opportunities
- Provide management and guidance to sub-contractors, lesser experienced team members, and new hires
- Familiar with AngularJS
- Working knowledge of Relational and Non-Relational databases: MySQL/MongoDb/Firebase
- Familiar with web services and REST API’s
- An understanding of server and back-end architecture
- Ability to learn and implement new technologies and processes quickly and seamlessly
Nice to have:
- Firmware and IoT experience: Arduino, Raspberry, Particle IO
- Mobile app development experience: native or hybrid
- Cloud based app development experience
- Working experience with a range of programming languages: TypeScript, C/C++, Python, PHP, Ruby or others.
- Server/database maintenance and administration including permissions and security protocol.
- BS/MS Computer Science or similar with 2+ years professional experience
- Ability to translate user needs into tech requirements
- Entrepreneurial spirit and relentless drive to see a job done well
- Attention to detail with creative problem-solving approaches
- Independent and communicative
- Well organized and team oriented
Monthly gross salary: Ksh. 300,000 to 450,000 (Approx. 3,000 – 4,500 USD) plus benefits and equity.
Deadline: 31st March 2017
To apply, please follow the link: http://bit.ly/2l2oUh2
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Leading Recruitment & Executive Search Company in Kenya; Summit Recruitment & Search, Blixen Court, Karen Road, Karen ***