Duma Works is recruiting Installation Technicians for Husk in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Husk is one of the world’s leading off-grid utilities. We provide reliable power to rural communities and businesses, entirely from renewable energy sources-24 hours a day, 7 days a week-at a price they can afford.
Reports to: Installation Team Leader / Project Manager
- Installation of gasifier based energy projects to ensure access of electricity to energy deprived masses.
- Service and maintenance of plants to ensure continuous generation with zero down time.
- To suggest improvements in process and system based on practical learning to continuously develop the product.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that daily / periodic service schedule is followed and completed for all plants.
- Work in discussion with Service engineer to ensure reporting of plant health and status.
- Ensure all parameters of inspection are religiously measured and checklist for activities is strictly adhered to.
- To service the gasifier system and gas based IC engines.
- To support with full scale engine maintenance on or off site.
- To check and suggest corrective action, ensure discussion with service engineer for critical trouble shooting.
- Report regular occurring issues and their possible solution to ensure updated database.
- Installation of gasifier system and commissioning of the same.
- To strictly comply with the company’s HSSE policy and guidelines.
- To provide training to plant operator for regular service and maintenance issues.
- Industrial Training Certification holder or Diploma holder in the stream of Electrical/Mechanical.
- Fluency in Kiswahili and English.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience as solar technician
- Hands-on experience of gas engine and Gasifier system is preferred.
- Prior experience working with distribution networks, such as overhead cables.
- Self-Starter: You are supposed to be a “self-motivator”, energetic and do possess a positive attitude to any work around.
- Respect for all users, team members, and superiors—even when it’s not reciprocated
- Self-Discipline – Being self-disciplined affects several aspects of your job, such as setting and adhering to a schedule, reliably meeting deadlines, delivering resolutions to the end users on or before the promised date/time, and sticking with a task until it’s complete
- The ability to effectively prioritize tasks – If you are given any degree of control over scheduling their time, you must be able to prioritize their tasks
- Dedication and commitment to problem resolution – you must be committed to seeing the problem through to resolution, which occurs only when the user is satisfied that the problem has been resolved—and when the solution is permanent and conforms to company policy
- A detail oriented working style – Your understanding about the importance of paying attention to the details is essential for the successful completion of a work order. Although resolving a problem to the satisfaction of the user is necessary, it’s not a sufficient condition for a work order to be considered complete
- The ability and willingness to communicate
- The willingness to share knowledge with team members, superiors, and users
- A humble attitude about the knowledge limitations – You should recognize that you’ll never know everything about an issue—the key is to know where to look for information and resources and to be willing to ask for help when you need it. You must be prepared to read manuals and take correction from others
- The ability to learn from experience and from informal/formal instruction
- The ability to think logically and creatively – You should be able to apply a consistent, logical methodology to the resolution of problems. This means that even when confronted with new situation, you will stand a good chance of being able to resolve the problem, or at least isolate the problem area. To back up their logical thinking, you must be able to make creative leaps in reasoning when the application of logic fails to produce a satisfactory resolution
- The ability to apply knowledge in new situations – Your ability goes along with being a logical, creative thinker to form the essential nature of an outstanding troubleshooter.
- A demonstrated independent interest in technology – If you have no independent interest in technology and just regards it as a job, it will be an ongoing battle to keep you up to date with the latest developments or to elicit any form of enthusiasm or excitement for the work.
Perks for this position:
- Change of millions of lives – You get once in a lifetime opportunity to truly impact millions of customers’ lives by serving them with the best and most cost effective energy solutions.
- Work with a talented team from three continents – Working with some of the smartest, most committed, and hardest working co-workers.
Compensation: Base Compensation commensurate with experience and performance bonus.
- Both Office and Field
Applications open to Tanzania nationals only. Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2677”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2677 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 28th Feb 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.