The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC Logistic Support Centre in Nairobi (Industrial Area) is seeking an experienced & highly motivated individual to fill the position of Workshop Manager.
- Management of the ICRC vehicle fleet in Kenya. Tanzania and Djibouti in line with ICRC standards and procedures;
- Responsible for the maintenance of generators in offices and residences of Kenya;
- Manage, supervise and organize shifts for workshop staff as well as carry Out administrative activities independently;
- Supervise and coordinate the technical support and provide field support if required:
- Establish and maintain an accurate and updated job card based maintenance plan for the whole fleet and the repair of other logistics assets;
- Operate and maintain ICRC standard and fleet computer system, electronic spare parts catalogue:
- Ensure physical security of all sites and train workshop staff in proper and safe handling of tools and workshop equipment;
- Provides all fleet reports/records related to the fleet & workshop performance as requested;
- Trains fleet staff on new technical aspects such as diagnostic, repair, maintenance techniques and ICRC administrative procedures