Our client in the trading and manufacturing industry, an equal opportunity employer, is filling the position of an ICT Officer whose details are described below.
Liaison: All Departments
Job Summary: Reporting to the Director(s), the incumbent will be responsible for leading, directing, overseeing and ensuring effectiveness and continuous operation of the organization’s Information Technology Systems in order to achieve efficiency and reliability
Principle duties and responsibilities
- Developing, maintaining and reviewing ICT Policy and procedures which supports its needs and strategic objectives.
- Evaluate technology developments and ensuring that the organization has appropriate, effective, efficient and up to date ICT systems.
- Ensuring confidentiality, integrity and availability of ICT systems.
- Design and implement controls and procedures that ensure accuracy and reliability in Data capture, Data processing and Dissemination of information.
- Design and implement information security procedures based on standard best practice and Corporate ICT security policies covering information system applications and infrastructure.
- Responsible for developing processes and assigning resources to provide support to all users in a timely manner.
- Managing, monitoring and reviewing the performance of all ICT supply contracts to ensure that the agreed standards and performance criteria are met.
- Preparing and managing annual ICT budget in a view to ensuring value for money is achieved.
- Review, develop and implement an ICT Strategy that is aligned to overall business strategy of the organization.
- Responsible for Planning and designing of disaster recovery plans to ensure service continuity in case of a disaster.
- Updating the website and ensuring social media platforms are up to date.
- Ensure that antivirus software are up to date
- Ensure timely back-up of data in all the branches is done.
- Training and re-training of authorized system users on the use of the ICT systems and equipment
- Ensure thorough and proper maintenance of ICT equipment, cleaning and servicing.
- Possess part of dual custodial of all system credentials, domain credentials and passwords.
Requirements & Key Competencies
- Diploma in IT, CISA (Certified information Systems Auditor) certification added advantage
- Hands on experience in hardware and software
- Has handled suppliers especially internet and server providers
- Can trouble shoot all manner of ICT systems challenge
- Cumulative experience of at least 3years in a medium sized company with a branch network
How to Apply
If you are interested and qualified please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job position as the subject of the email. Closing date for application is 2nd March 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted