Our client, an Indian restaurant with operations in Kenya, is seeking to recruit a Head Chef
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures all food is prepared fresh and of highest quality
- Strictly adheres to all procedures, Company recipes specifications and methods
- Checks stations upon arrival to determine safety status, or equipment issues
- Maintains an organized and efficient flow of production with regards to changes in forecast and menus
- Ensures product knowledge is maintained and communicated to all relevant personnel, in particular the Service team
- Maintains a high standard presentation of dishes at all times
- Checks station prior to leaving to ensure cleanliness, proper disposal/removal of food, and proper storing and labeling
- Responsible for food storerooms, including fridge and freezer
- Takes part in food storage (quality and quantity controls) on a regular basis
- Maintains hygiene and safety standards for section at all times
- Trains his/her personnel on a continuous basis
- Responsible for the proper cleaning and sanitary matters of his/her section.
- Handles all working material and equipment with the necessary care and keeps it well cleaned
- Reports all necessary repairs to Manager and follows up on repairs
- Keep records and accounts of food purchases and costing.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in food production or any related field.
- At least 2 years’ experience.
- Experience in breakfasts, international cuisine mainly continental. French cuisine a plus
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency
- Must have experience in preparation of Indian Cuisines
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to email@example.com before close of business 21st February, 2017.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected remuneration on the subject line.
Flexi personnel does not charge candidates for job placement