Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
Position: Interim HR Associate – Field Office, Kenya
Reporting To: Human Resource Manager
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 3 Months
Deadline to Apply: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
Eligibility: Position open to local Kenyan hires only
About Innovations for Poverty Action: Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is an international non-profit research organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems.
IPA works in partnership with development partners and academic researchers to create and evaluate approaches potential solutions to poverty problems using randomized evaluations in the fields of health, education, microfinance, governance and agriculture.
We also mobilize and support these decision makers to use these solutions to build better programs and policies at scale.
About the Role: The Interim Human Resource Associate under the general supervision of the Human Resource Manager and within the limits of Innovations for Poverty Action-Kenya policies and procedures, helps coordinate and facilitate the Human Resource Department activities, functions and processes.
Below is a list of some of the general duties and responsibilities of the Interim Human Resource Associate, to be carried out as needed according to the determination of the Human Resource Manager:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure adherence and compliance to the organization HR policies and procedures and also interpretation of current policies to both new and existing staff;
- Assisting the Human Resources Manager and senior managers carry out delegated tasks;
- Coordinate and consult with HRM/Senior Management on any disciplinary cases and performance issues;
Facilitate the training and staff development programs;
- Update all current forms and HR related documents that are outdated with liaison of the HRM;
- Work closely with the rest of the HR team in all other general HR duties not limited to:
- Recruitment and onboarding
- Processing of monthly staff payroll details and making all the appropriate deductions
- Creating and updating staff details on replicon system and general leave management
- Staff clearance and exit
- Contract Management
- Staff Database management
- Employee Relations.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field with Higher Diploma in Human Resources Management;
- Member of IHRM;
- At least 3 years’ solid generalist experience in a busy Human Resources Department most preferably in a non-profit or non-governmental organization;
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience working with any payroll system;
- Substantial knowledge of Kenyan employment law/labor laws;
- In-depth understanding of HR ethics, including professionalism and confidentiality;
- Flexibility and the ability to multi-task, with a willingness to assume a range of unanticipated assignments;
- Sound leadership skills;
- Proactive with excellent anticipatory skills;
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills;
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
To apply click here: https://poverty-action.formstack.com/forms/ipa_kenya_interim_hr_associate
Please do not apply if unavailable immediately.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Interim HR Associate-Field Office Kenya. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant.