Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
Position: Policy Assistant – Field Office Kenya
Deadline to Apply: Reviewed on rolling basis
Start Date: ASAP
Eligibility: Position open to internal hires only
Duration: 12 months
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems.
In close partnership with decision makers — the policymakers, practitioners, investors, and donors working with the poor around the world — IPA designs and evaluates potential solutions to poverty problems using randomized evaluations, the most rigorous evaluation method available.
We also mobilize and support these decision makers to use these solutions to build better programs and policies at scale.
About the position: The Policy Assistant, under the general supervision of the Policy Coordinator and within the limits of Innovations for Poverty Action-Kenya policies and procedures, assist in the design and execution of IPA Kenya’s policy communication and outreach work.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in economics, public policy or communications. Strong interest in domestic policy as demonstrated by coursework and/or professional experience is strongly preferred. Interest in international development issues is required to better understand the work of other IPA centers worldwide.
- Experience: At least 1 year of relevant experience working in a research or policy organization. The ideal candidate for this position will be very knowledgeable about domestic public policy issues in Kenya. Any prior experience working with players in the various Kenyan policy and communications spaces is an added advantage.
- Communication: Attention to detail and advanced writing and presentation skills for communicating policy lessons from academic papers in ways that policymakers understand. This requires clear, precise, non-technical writing, and confident, effective public speaking skills.
- Time Management: Excellent organizational skills. Proven ability to multitask and successfully complete projects on tight deadlines with little supervision. A willingness to work hard, be self-motivated and learn will be essential for doing well in this position.
- Other: Willingness to travel within Kenya.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Please do not apply if unavailable immediately.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Policy Assistant-Field Office Kenya. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPAK.