Duma works is recruiting a City Manager for one of our clients.
The hiring company is an innovative transportation company.
Role Summary: This role is for the independent ambitious generalist. The City Manager sits over Sales, Marketing, Operations, and Finance, with city wide KPIs, Budget and P&L.
The successful candidate reports directly to the CEO and is responsible for all Investor Reports concerning Kisumu city.
Duties and Responsibilities
General Customer Acquisition
Have full ownership of the business development vertical in Kisumu.
Close deals, manage a budget, lead business marketing activities, scale strategy locally, and build/ lead a team.
- Own and lead overarching customer acquisition strategy
- Manage deal pipeline and source new potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities
- Help develop and improve products and services by researching industry competitors, publications, and announcements
- Support marketing activities for the company including golf tournaments, mall promotions, networking drinks, door to door sales, business fairs, etc.
- Spearhead B2C marketing strategies and coordinate actions to influence the market
- Manage Partnership Proposals and maintain the timelines for the proposal drafting process
- Communicate new product developments to clients and prospective clients
Strategise and lead all business client acquisition activities.
Take full ownership and responsibility of finding, negotiating, and closing business deals In Kisumu
- Develop strategy for acquiring traditional business clients in Kisumu
- Lead all Business Client acquisitions. Bring in the expansion team to negotiations only on very unique cases
- Follow up on all business leads which come into the company and set up meetings
- Oversee and carry out all business client acquisition activities
- Plan and prepare business presentations and proposals
Partner (Rider & Driver) Recruitment
- Requires strong interpersonal skills and a social personality. This person will be responsible for managing the rider operations in the city as well as acquisition, including field prospecting to meet and engage new riders/drivers
- Sourcing, recruiting, on-boarding and training of partners on to the platform.
- Work side-by-side with the operations team to maintain an adequate number of online riders/drivers in Mombasa
- Maintain on-boarding pipeline and database of all riders/drivers and contracts
- Gathering key rider documentation and requirements in line with the organisation’s signup policies
- Following up on inquiries and referrals from riders/drivers
Operations and Dispatch Management
- Responsible for dispatch and monitoring of orders real time and resolving issues in a timely manner to ensure optimal customer experience.
- Continual training and support for existing riders on the company’s platform
- Monitoring standards and customer service levels, ensuring partners represent the brand well.
- Monitoring partner metrics including daily and monthly targets set by management.
- Identifying key partner issues and offering creative and effective solutions in a timely manner.
- Branch management and expansion.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by CEO or senior management
KPI reporting and line management
- Responsible for monthly reporting, setting and meeting Profit & Loss targets and qualitative objectives, as well as ad-hoc requests to Nairobi HQ.
- Performance evaluation and management of Kisumu Business Development and Operations colleagues
- Daily monitoring and recording of targets set by management.
- Investor reporting on all Kisumu initiatives, metrics, and costs
- Management of city team: Operations, Sales, Marketing
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Sales, or Economics. Masters or MBA strongly preferred
- Advance knowledge in Google Suite and preparing presentations
- Financial modelling
- Demonstrated success in negotiating, cultivating and growing partnerships across all levels and sectors, problem solving and issue resolution.
- 7+ year’s management experience in Logistics, e-commerce, entrepreneurial or related industry.
- Cross-functional team management and successful KPI performance viewed favourably.
- Outstanding communication skills, oral and written, technical and non-
- Excellent team player with strong leadership capability.
- Clear knowledge of Kisumu and its environment
- Must be comfortable in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Cover Letter describing your interest and detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2561”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2561 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 25th February 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.