One of our clients, an Insurance Brokers Company with offices in Nairobi and Nakuru wants to fill the position below.
Reports To: Head of Operations (Underwriting & Claims) and the General Manager
- Providing advice on making a claim and the processes involved;
- Processing new insurance claims notifications;
- Collecting accurate information and documents to proceed with a claim;
- Analyzing a claim made by a policymaker and guiding policyholders on how to proceed with the claim
- Contacting trades people from a network of approved professionals and arranging for them to make repairs on the policyholder’s property;
- Monitoring the progress of a claim;
- Investigating potentially fraudulent claims and identifying reasons why full payment may not be made.
- Ensuring fair settlement of a valid claim;
- Building relationships with loss adjusters, forensic accountants and solicitors, as well as other legal/claims professionals;
- Ensuring the customer is treated fairly and that the customer receives excellent service in accordance with industry and company guidelines;
- Handling any complaints associated with a claim;
- Involvement in loss adjusting activities and in legal discussions relating to settlement;
- Seeking legal recovery of monies paid out;
- Managing a team of claims handlers (at managerial level);
- Taking responsibility for productivity and profit;
- Adhering to legal requirements, industry regulations and customer quality standards set by the company.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Bcom (Insurance), Actuarial Science or related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in Claims and Underwriting in a busy working environment.
- Progressive Insurance professional studies is a must( CII/IIK)
- Exceptional communication skills and good command of both written and spoken English.
- Strong negotiating, planning, prioritizing and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and a fast learner
- Should be willing to work in Nairobi or Nakuru
Interested Applicants should submit their applications to email@example.com
Closing date for all applications 16th February 2017