In Their Hands Project Director
Our Client, an International NGO whose core business is Reproductive Health and Family Planning to millions of the world’s poorest and vulnerable women, is seeking to recruit In Their Hands Project Director
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead delivery of a major, $14 million USD youth programme across three partner organizations.
- Provide key strategic leadership in the design of programme interventions and in the delivery of interventions as per the work-plan. Learn quickly from interventions that are failing and re-strategize to carry the programme forward.
- Represent the consortium externally, including in government meetings and internationally as required.
- Advocate for project priorities
- Present and discuss regularly with the relevant Country Directors on progress against targets and achievement of activity plans
- Conduct key review meetings with the three organization’s Country Directors and donor
- Analyze evidence, present on progress and guide strategy development
- Participate in review of budget variance reports and in financial forecasting exercises.
- Interface with donor and prepare for donor visits
- Work with the partner organizations to produce high quality donor reports
- Manage external consultants, design agencies and subcontractors as needed
- Maintain up to date knowledge about developments in the sector, especially pertaining to youth SRH
- Work with the project partners to implement innovative initiatives, trouble shoot operational issues and promptly address underperformance
- Advocate for youth and adolescent SRH at external forums, nationally and internationally
Critically evaluate interventions for youth friendly-ness, utilizing partner’s internal data and external literature
- Review study protocols, project documents and proposals to integrate the needs of youth
- Participate in New Business Development to mobilize resources for youth focused initiatives
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (graduate degree preferred) in health, communications or business related field
- Minimum 8 years’ experience
- Experience in directly managing large donor grants or a multimillion dollar grant portfolio.
- Experience in designing and implementing youth activities
- Experience managing external contractors and consultants
- Experience as an advocate on youth issues, either at a policy level or within an organization
- Experience as a line manager including performance management
- Experience in financial forecasting and management and budget development
- Experience in writing donor reports for large grants, including narrative and results matrices
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to email@example.com before close of business 15th February, 2017.
Clearly indicate the position applied for on the subject line and expected remuneration.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement