People and Development Recruitment Officer
Our Client, an international NGO whose core business is reproductive health and family planning to the world’s poorest and vulnerable women is seeking to recruit a People and Development Recruitment Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish recruitment requirement using information from various department
- Build applicant sources e.g. employment agencies, media, website
- Determine applicants requirements by studying Job description and qualification
- Attract applicants by posting job advertisements on the various sources
- Support managers in drafting Job Descriptions and providing templates and advise as required
- Coordinate process of vacancy approval via the requisition form, ensuring the necessary approvals are given before advertising
- Short listing and long listing candidates for interviews
- Setting up of interviews, calling of candidates, sending invites to the interview panel.
- Inform all applicants of the progress of their application in writing
- Creating and updating a data base and tracking system of both vacancies and applicants
- Liaise with external recruitment to source candidates for hard to fill roles
Compliance and New Starter Administration
- Ensure all necessary pre-employment checks are done
- Undertake reference and background checks including criminal checks for successful applicants.
- Prepare interview summaries and noted for all interviews
- Responsible for all recruitment filing i.e. application forms and interview notes.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for recruitment events when required
- Coordinate an effective induction program by consulting the different departments
- Give presentations at colleges, attend student group meeting, and increase college awareness of the organization