Our client, a successful international tour company, with operations across most of the travel spectrum (including retail, hospitality and foreign exchange) is seeking to grow and establish its Kenya office by hiring competent persons in various positions to join their over 4000 global workforce.
German Speaking Tour Consultant
Are you sales driven?
Have you got a good knowledge of the tourism industry and a passion for travel and holidays.
We are looking for a Travel Consultant with great enthusiasm for travelling.
You will be responsible for promoting and booking travel arrangements for clients (individuals or businesses).
The goal is to enhance satisfaction and acquire an expanding and dedicated clientele.
- Research various destinations and means of travel regarding prices, customs, weather conditions, reviews etc
- Diagnose the Clients’ specifications and wishes and suggest suitable travel packages or services
- Organize travels from beginning to end, through booking tickets and accommodation, securing rental transportation etc
- Supply travelers with pertinent information and useful travel/holiday materials (guides, maps, events programs etc)
- Collect deposits and balances
- Use of promotional techniques and prepare promotional materials to sell itinerary tour packages
- Handle unforeseen problems and complaints and determine eligibility for money returns
- Attend conferences to maintain familiarity with tourism trends
- Create and update electronic records of clients
- Maintain relationships with key persons
- Keep financial statements and documents
- Reach the revenue and profit targets
Skills and competencies required:-
- Degree in hospitality, travel, tourism or related field
- Must be proficient in German language and English
- Proven working experience as a tour consultant
- Excellent knowledge of travelling software (computer reservations systems, GDS systems and e-travel)
- Exemplary sales skills including telesales, converting in bound sales
- Excellent customer oriented approach
- Well versed in various areas of travel (domestic/international, business/holidays, group/individual etc)
- Ability to present, persuade and communicate effectively
- Demonstrate ability to handle crises
- Good geographical knowledge of Kenya and Africa
- Highly organized and able to multi task
- Candidate with personal travel experience an added advantage
- Happy to commit to shift work
- Mature persons – preferred age minimum 25yrs
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their application letter in confidence indicating salary expectations, CV and testimonials through email@example.com on or before 19th February 2017.
Interviews will be ongoing until suitable candidates are placed.
If you don’t hear from us by 28th February 2017, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer