Job Title: Direct Sales (Business Development Officer)
Reference: DS_BDO 2017
Recruiter: Stratostaff East Africa
Location: Nairobi ,Kenya
Profile Introduction: Our client, a leading Investment Management company seeks to engage and hire a Business Development Officer professional responsible for selling and promoting the company’s products so as to achieve set targets while ensuring continued compliance with company policies and procedures and acceptable business practices.
Qualifications / Requirements
- A degree in Finance, Business or Marketing related course from a reputable institution of higher learning
- One year previous experience in direct sales. (Financial investment.)
- A diploma in Sales, Business or Marketing from a reputable institution of higher learning;
- A minimum of one (1) years’ experience selling financial products/ services;
Reporting to the Business Development Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Delivering on the company’s business and market growth objectives by promoting and selling the company and its products through direct sales, preparing tenders, participating in activations and promotions, client presentations, cold-calling, setting up and attending meetings with potential customers;
- Demonstrating a good understanding of the company’s business and products by providing complete and accurate information to all the customers and potential customers;
- Ensuring continuous compliance with the company’s Anti-Money Laundering and Know Your Customer’ (KYC) directives;
- Understanding and enforcing the company’s investment application policies and procedures;
- Proactively managing client relationships by identifying and escalating any queries, disputes or customer complaints to the Business Development Manager/ Customer Service team for resolution and guidance on a timely basis;
- Maintaining books and records clearly showing all inquiries, transactions and proceedings including any related transactions that have been undertaken and providing these books and records for inspection and review on a weekly basis;
- Supporting the company’s goals to be the professed investment/ wealth management business by carrying out market research and providing all competitor information to the Business Development Managers;
- Preparing and submitting weekly reports, returns and other information relating to all sales and any business development carried out;
- Participating in all internal activities such as meetings, training etc. for the purposes of information/ knowledge sharing, providing/ receiving relevant feedback, receiving relevant updates on business activities and products, furthering your knowledge of business procedures;
- Continuously securing the company’s business activities at all times by maintaining the confidentiality of the business activities and client information.
- Strong selling and presentation skills;
- Client focused;
- Good knowledge of investments/ wealth management etc.;
- Ability to develop and maintain fruitful business relationships internally and externally;
- Ability to take and follow instructions and laid down policies and procedures;
- Proactive, a go-getter and resilient;
- Goal oriented/ able to work within set deadlines and targets;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Confident, efficient, diligent and attentive to detail;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Presentable and Professional.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge send your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com by 15th February 2017.
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Stratostaff is an Equal Opportunity Employer