Jacaranda Health is a social venture that aims to set a new standard for maternity care in East Africa.
We are combining business and clinical innovations to provide affordable maternity and reproductive health services to low-income urban women.
We have launched one clinic in Nairobi last year, and are currently expanding to other locations in the region.
We strive to be a data-driven company which improves its operational efficiency through informed decision making on the costs and pricing mechanisms in the health care market.
We are seeking to hire a Data Analyst on Part – time basis.
We are looking for someone highly-motivated and willing to take a lot of initiative and with a passion for providing Quality Care.
Duties and Responsibilities
Work requirements and tasks will be guided by the department’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) which are reviewed periodically; this will include
- Prepare source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information files; establishing entry priorities.
- Process client source documents by reviewing data for deficiencies; resolving discrepancies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the team leader for resolution.
- De-identify client data using Excel-based code; maintains confidentiality of all client information.
- Enter client data by manually inputting alphabetic and numeric information on keyboard into online clinical research database.
- Maintain data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures.
- Complete data quality checks according to established protocols.
- Secure information by completing data base backups.
- Maintain operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintain client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics or its equivalent.
- Additional training in data management.
- Proficient in PC based computer skills, as well as Excel and PowerPoint.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ proven experience managing large databases; experience in a health care setting is a definite plus, but not required.
- Experience managing large databases, project management skills and great attention to detail.
- High attention to detail and analytical skills required.
- Proactive, self-starter and team-oriented; able to multi-task effectively, solve problems, and seek assistance where necessary; able to meet project deadlines and deliverables. Application Procedure
Please send your application cover letter, curriculum vitae with three references via email to email@example.com with Data Analyst as the Email Subject by 8th March 2017.
Kindly include your expected remuneration and availability in your application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please visit www.jacarandahealth.org for more details about us.