KCB Group Limited
Assistant Business Development Manager, Trade Finance
The Position: Reporting to the Head Trade Finance / Senior BDM Trade Finance the position will be responsible for the implementation of the Trade Finance strategy and for growing the assigned Trade Finance client portfolio, drive profitability and growth targets whilst maintaining high level of customer satisfaction.
This position will provide administrative support the Head Trade Finance/ Senior BDM Trade Finance on the day to day management of an assigned portfolio by providing credit analysis, portfolio management and customer service.
- To implement the Trade Finance strategy in line with the overall Corporate Banking Strategy; to ensure achievement of profitability targets through revenue maximization and prudent cost management.
- Drive sustainable growth through the delivery of innovative and customized Trade Finance solutions and products to meet identified customer needs.
- Grow Trade Finance business volumes and revenues, and manage assigned client portfolio from deal origination, structuring, credit approval, through to contracting and placement while ensuring that the process is efficient.
- Champion the delivery of consistent, seamless and trusted customer service to ensure customer retention and loyalty.
- To build and maintain productive and strategic relations with customers/ suppliers/ line manager/ stakeholders to drive the development and delivery of business solutions and revenue growth for the specific sectors or portfolio.
- Provide, professional client advisory services on all trade finance related matters.
- Ensure strong cross- selling of existing and new products to existing and new clients; and in this process, maintain effective liaison with all relevant business units in the bank
- Maintains a detailed and current understanding of the industry; (at a macro, sector specific, current market structures; regulatory requirements and issues) to ensure that that opportunities are realized and the risks mitigated.
- Maintain proper and accurate records of all commodities taken as collateral for lending to clients under the Structured Trade Finance portfolio and reconcile records relating to commodities held under collateral management.
- Ensure compliance to the Bank’s policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- University degree in a Business related area from a recognized institution.
- Professional qualification in CPA, ACCA, CFA or AKIB will be an added advantage
- Master’s degree in Finance or a Business related field will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 4 years’ Corporate Banking experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within Banking in:
Relationship Management / Customer Service
Financial Analysis and Business Performance Management
Product development and Portfolio Management
- Thorough knowledge of Corporate Banking Products & Services.
- Excellent interpersonal, and negotiation skills with the ability to network, generate new business and develop strong business relations.
- A good understanding of Risk, Compliance policies and procedures.
The above position are demanding roles for which the Bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidate.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to email@example.com.
To be considered your application must be received by Monday, 13th February, 2017
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are successful, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Certificate of Good Conduct (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service as applicable