KCB Group Limited
Assistant Legal Manager – Risk and Compliance
The Position: Reporting to the Legal Manager, Risk & Compliance, the position is responsible for assisting in the implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of compliance activities of the Company with established law and regulation.
The job holder will assist in ensuring the Company is up-to-date with any existing, proposed or new legislation and that the compliance requirements to be met by the Company are in compliance with legislation.
- Provide support in ensuring that each subsidiary/division/department/unit of KCB Group follows all applicable laws and regulations.
- Analyze and disseminate the compliance requirements of existing, new and/or revised laws and regulations.
- Provide advice in relation to compliance matters as contained in the legislation.
- Conduct internal compliance audits and examinations to ensure compliance.
- Liaise with relevant subsidiary/division/department/unit of KCB Group where legal risks have been identified, to develop mitigating measures and implement remedial action.
- Formulate legal compliance checklists and matrixes to be used for undertaking legal compliance reviews to ensure compliance by the Bank.
- Conduct legal risk analysis and provide legal support for new and ongoing Bank projects.
- Provide legal support in research, drafting and review of Bank policies, product terms and conditions.
- Prepare appropriate legal risk reports for use by management.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Law
- Post Graduate Diploma from Kenya School of Law.
- At least 4 years’ post admission experience in dispute resolution/litigation
- At least 2 years’ experience in legal drafting
- At least 2 years’ demonstrated experience in legal communication and advocacy
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, problem solving, negotiation skills with the ability to positively and clearly communicate with a variety of constituents.
The above position are demanding roles for which the Bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidate.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered your application must be received by Monday, 13th February, 2017
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are successful, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Certificate of Good Conduct (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service as applicable