KCB Group Limited
Financial Institutions Head, Corporate Banking
The Position: Reporting to the Head of Institutional Banking, the position will be responsible for the strategic leadership and management of Financial Institutions (FI) in order to achieve revenue targets.
This position will be accountable for effective management and growing of the Bank’s relationship with local and global banks in order to ensure competitive product offerings by key industry players and maintaining quality of portfolio.
- To develop and implement the Financial Institutions strategy in line with the overall Corporate Banking Strategy; to ensure achievement of profitability targets through revenue maximization and prudent cost management.
- Drive sustainable growth of the FI business through the delivery of innovative and customized solutions to meet the specific requirements of Financial Institutions.
- To build and maintain productive and strategic relations/partnerships with Financial Institutions/Government/Suppliers/Treasury/Sector Heads/ Branch Network/Relationship Managers/ Stakeholders to drive the development and delivery of FI solutions and revenue growth for the portfolio.
- Ensure strong cross- selling of existing and new products to existing and new clients; and in this process, maintain effective liaison with all relevant business units in the Bank.
- Champion the delivery of consistent, seamless and trusted customer service to ensure customer retention and loyalty.
- Maintains a detailed and current understanding of the industry and monitor the market developments locally and globally assessing their impact on existing portfolio and overall impact on FI business and banks; to ensure that that opportunities are realized and the risks mitigated.
- Obtain adequate credit facilities and set up appropriate credit lines for local & foreign banks on best terms from key counterparties.
- Ensure timely submission of quality credit proposals in conformity with the Credit Policy guidelines and requirements.
- Maintain the quality of assigned portfolio within stipulated Non-Performing Loans (NPL) and Portfolio at Risk (PAR) parameters.
- Ensure timely preparation of relevant reports and daily monitoring of accounts to ensure facilities have accurate interest rates, are within the approved limits, and taking remedial actions in line with policy.
- Ensure compliance to the Bank’s policies, procedures, local and international banking practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Lead, motivate, and continuously develop a credible high performing team.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- University degree in a Business related area from a recognized institution.
- Professional qualification in CPA, ACCA, CFA or AKIB will be an added advantage
- Master’s degree in Finance or a Business related field will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 6 years’ general banking experience at management level of which one must have 6 years’ experience in :
Relationship Management and Customer Service
Financial Analysis and Business Performance Management
Product development and Portfolio Management
Transactional Banking and Product Services
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Project Management
- Demonstrated consistent high performance in role(s) held in the last three years.
- Thorough knowledge of Corporate Banking Products & Services with extensive Banking Industry knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal, and negotiation skills with the ability to network, generate new business and develop strong business relations.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated competences in championing high performance management.
- A good understanding of Risk, Compliance policies and procedures
The above position are demanding roles for which the Bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidate.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered your application must be received by Monday, 13th February, 2017
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are successful, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Certificate of Good Conduct (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service as applicable