KCB Group Limited
Ref: IRC 2386
The Position: Reporting to the Head, Legal Services; this position is responsible for the provision of legal services to the business in contracting, Intellectual Property (IP) management, legal opinion and research, Power of Attorney management, probate administration, legal awareness training and office administration for the Legal Services Department.
- Provide support to the business in the preparation and management of contracts including leases and other general commercial law issues.
- Contract Management: drive contract lifecycle from drafting through completion of negotiation process, review and contract execution.
- Intellectual Property (IP): register and maintain data/information on service marks, trademarks, logos for KCB Group. Handle disputes arising thereof (e.g. infringements of IP and/or Copyrights).
- Power of Attorney (PA) Management: preparation, registration, revocation and maintain data/information of the KCB Kenya PAs.
- Maintain data, records and statistics relating to contracts.
- Legal awareness training throughout the units, branches and subsidiaries of the Bank and thereafter formulate frequently asked questions after such training to cascade to all Bank staff
- Legal opinions and research: opinions/guidance to Head Office business units and subsidiaries and carry out legal research.
- Court Orders/KRA Notices Management: oversee verification of court orders and legal guidance on implementation and execution of the same.
- Probate Administration: oversee administration of probate accounts.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Law
- Post Graduate Diploma from Kenya School of Law.
- A Master’s degree in Law will be an added advantage.
- At least 6 years’ post admission experience in the legal profession
- At least 3 years’ experience in legal drafting
- At least 3 years’ demonstrated experience in legal communication and advocacy
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, problem solving, negotiation skills with the ability to positively and clearly communicate with a variety of constituents.
The above position are demanding roles for which the Bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidate.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to email@example.com.
To be considered your application must be received by Monday, 13th February, 2017
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are successful, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Certificate of Good Conduct (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service as applicable