Kenya Orient Insurance Limited
JOB TITLE: Underwriting Executive
DIVISION / DEPARTMENT: Underwriting
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Underwriting Supervisor
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITY: The position is responsible for assessing risks in accordance with laid down underwriting procedures in the company and ensure effective and efficient service delivery to customers
KEY TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review all applications for insurance –determine the profiles of risks presented to the branch/company for insurance and assess their acceptability or otherwise.
- Review all reports from various service providers relating to proposals for insurance.
- Review proposals for insurance and adjust benefits where necessary by reviewing previous files, worksheets, etc.
- Ensure all related activities to underwriting are properly coordinated and enforced
- Participate in sales initiatives.
- Ensure timely preparation and dispatch of policy documents.
- Review of suspense items and follow up on outstanding requirements with a view to reconciling them in record time.
- Timely processing of quotations and tender documents, credits and refunds.
- Liaising with intermediaries for business support
- Any other duties assigned by management in line with task.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university
- 2 years minimum work experience preferably in insurance industry
- Progress in ACII/AIIK preferable
- Knowledge in insurance products and services
- Basic claims knowledge
- Excellent analytical, communication and customer handling skill
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in the position and have the required qualifications, skills and experience, kindly apply HERE on or before Sunday 12th February, 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER”