Oasis Doctors Plaza is currently looking for qualified and dedicated individuals to fill the following vacancy.
Job Title: Optometrist
Location: Kisii Region
Work Type: Contract Renewable
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide outpatient care for patients with eye-related disorders and conditions
- Conduct routine eye examinations, including visual field tests
- Determine each patient’s visual acuity, field of vision and hand-eye coordination
- Take detailed medical histories for all patients, including current and past prescription medications
- Evaluate eye-related symptoms, such as discharge, redness and inflammation
- Prescribe corrective lenses when required
- Refer patients to board-certified ophthalmologists when required for more holistic eye care
- Educate patients on proper eye care
- Identify eye health safety factors that could impact vision, such as working around chemicals or in front of a computer
- Advise patients about proper eye hygiene and care
- Review and update Standard Operating Procedures and Policies for the Eye clinic department
- Review and update budget for Eye clinic department.
- A degree/diploma holder in Optometry from a recognized institution
- Licensed Optometrist
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Honesty and integrity
- Leadership skills
- Excellent organizational skills
How to Apply
Courier and hand delivered applications can be dropped at the Oasis Specialist Hospital, Kisii and should be addressed to:
The Human Resource,
Oasis Specialist Hospital,
P.O. Box 1574 – 40200
Online applications to be sent to email@example.com with the position being applied for and salary expectations clearly indicated on the subject line, attach CV only.
Those who had previously applied are not to apply.
All applications should reach the undersigned on or before 24th February, 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted