Our client in the law business (advocates and commissioner of oaths) an equal opportunity employer is filling the position of a Secretary whose details are described below.
Liaison: All Departments
Job Summary: The incumbent of this position shall be in-charge of ushering the visitors and directing the calls to the respective persons.
He/she shall facilitate the typing and printing of documents and all secretarial work.
Principle duties and responsibility
- Receive visitors to the office and direct them appropriately
- Handle and answer all enquiries from visitors
- Receive and dispatch any incoming or outgoing mails/deliveries on behalf of the various departments
- Field calls from clients with questions or concerns and direct them to appropriate legal staff for advice when needed
- Organize office affairs, including organizing dates for hearings, & emailing, compiling, copying, sorting, filing of correspondence into respective files and opening of new files
- Do all typing work
- Organizing the partner’s diary, giving reminders, book appointments and take minutes for all client meetings and communications and sending them to the client.
- Any other duties as may be prescribed from time to time by your supervisor
Requirements & Key Competencies
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies
- At least 2 year experience in a law firm
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
If you are interested and qualified please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job position as the subject of the email.
Closing date for application is 23rd February 2017
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted