Position: Assistant Branch Manager
Location: Western / South Western / Coast regions, Kenya
Type: Full Time
The Opportunity: If you are a natural entrepreneur who loves creating an impact in health and selling life-saving products, you could be Living Goods’ next Assistant Branch Manager!
Living Goods supports a network of over 2,000 micro-entrepreneurs in Uganda and Kenya who teach families in their communities how to improve health and well-being while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook-stoves, and solar lights.
As part of the Branch Team, you will play a key role in supporting Community Health Volunteers (CHVs) to deliver high quality health care to their communities and generate sales of critical products.
To be successful in this role you must be able to motivate others, have strong business skills, and want to be part of a cutting edge team that is setting the bar for how a social enterprise can improve health impacts in a sustainable way.
- Recruit, train and manage Community Health Volunteers.
- Motivate Community Health Volunteers to meet health and sales targets.
- Ensure all Community Health Volunteers know and follow health protocols (esp. diagnosis and treatment).
- Support Community Health Volunteers in learning and using correctly their smartphones and the health-centered Android apps
- Implement marketing and promotional efforts to support agent sales.
- Contribute to Branch operations.
- Achieve sales targets and health impact goals.
- Manage inventory: Ensure no stock-outs and ensure management on First In/First Out basis.
- Manage the financial operations, ensuring the books balance; cash matches sales daily.
- Manage credit: deposit, timely repayments, rigorous reporting.
- Build strong community relations.
- Nurses or public health diplomas and degrees an added advantage.
- Degree or diploma in business or education also welcome.
- Minimum 1 year experience in health / community / business related work.
- Team player with drive for results.
- Ability to provide guidance to Community Health Volunteers.
- Ability to interact with community elders and clients.
- Ability and willingness to work extensively in the field.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to speak in public to promote healthy behaviors.
- Ability to sell life-changing products.
- Ability to test new innovations and learn fast.
- Proficiency with Word and Excel and general computer proficiency.
Excellent oral communication skills in English.
- Experienced in handling microcredit a plus.
Compensation: A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance, vacation, and a bonus opportunity. The opportunity to enter an exciting career path within a fast and growing mission driven team.
Life at Living Goods: Living Goods is aiming to make disruptive changes, dramatically improving the lives of underserved communities. We think big, but we operate small and nimble. At Living Goods, you will have the chance to use your creativity and work with your teammates to conceive and test new ideas every day.
If you work well in a dynamic, highly collaborative culture, if you set high standards for yourself and your colleagues, if you know how to fail fast and learn fast, if you meet challenges with calm determination and a sense of humor, you will thrive at Living Goods. See. www.livinggoods.org
How to Apply
To apply for this position please visit our career page HERE and apply for Assistant Branch Manager role in our applicant tracking system.
Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Deadline: 18th February, 2017.
For more information about Living Goods, please visit: follow us @Living_Goods