Position: Branch Manager
Location: Western / South Western / Coast regions, Kenya
Type: Full Time
The Opportunity: If you are a natural entrepreneur who loves creating an impact in health and selling life-saving products, you could be Living Goods’ next Branch Manager!
Living Goods supports a network of over 2,000 micro-entrepreneurs in Uganda and Kenya who teach families in their communities how to improve health and well-being while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook-stoves, and solar lights.
As part of the Branch Team, you will play a key role in supporting Community Health Volunteers (CHVs) to deliver high quality health care to their communities and generate sales of critical products.
To be successful in this role you must be able to motivate others, have strong business skills, and want to be part of a cutting edge team that is setting the bar for how a social enterprise can improve health impacts in a sustainable way.
Agent Support and Motivation
- Motivate agents in-field to achieve health and sales targets. Work to support strong performers, to increase effectiveness of medium performers, and increase or remove poor performers.
- Ensure all CHVs are delivering impact in the communities both through remote checks and through in-field checks (esp. diagnosis and treatment)
- Implement marketing and promotional efforts to support CHVs sales goals.
- Lead monthly meeting of agents.
- Manage Branch team members, ensuring performance
- Manage Branch financial operations and ensure that the books balance: cash matches sales on a daily basis.
- Manage and maintain inventory.
- Manage operations to keep costs as low as possible.
- Manage relations between the implementing partner organizations.
- Work closely with the Ministry of Health and the County Government.
- Diploma in Business or Health related areas; Bachelor of Arts welcome.
- Minimum 2 years experience in health/community related work.
- Business related degree or diploma a plus.
- Management experience a must.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive for results.
- Ability and willingness to work extensively in the field.
- Exceptional natural leader with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English.
- Proficiency with Word and Excel and general computer proficiency.
Compensation: A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance, vacation, and a bonus opportunity. The opportunity to enter an exciting career path within a fast and growing mission driven team.
Life at Living Goods: Living Goods is aiming to make disruptive changes, dramatically improving the lives of underserved communities. We think big, but we operate small and nimble. At Living Goods, you will have the chance to use your creativity and work with your teammates to conceive and test new ideas every day.
If you work well in a dynamic, highly collaborative culture, if you set high standards for yourself and your colleagues, if you know how to fail fast and learn fast, if you meet challenges with calm determination and a sense of humor, you will thrive at Living Goods. See www.livinggoods.org
How to Apply
To apply for this position please visit our career page HERE and apply for Branch Manager role in our applicant tracking system.
Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Deadline: 18th February 2017
For more information about Living Goods, please visit: follow us @Living_Goods