Duma works is recruiting a Sales Representative for our client; a manufacturing social enterprise based on the outskirts of Nairobi.
Job Description: The hiring company designs, locally manufactures, and distributes aspirational high quality fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in Kenya.
We are seeking an experienced sales person for B2B wholesale sales of the company’s products.
The Sales Rep. will be responsible for selling to distributors, MFI’s, Sacco, third party E-commerce platforms, and corporations.
The position will involve new lead generation, sales, account management, training staff of key accounts, and developing business strategy for wholesale clients.
This is an outside sales position and requires a tremendous amount of hustle, lead generation, independence, and self-motivation.
We are looking for someone with hundreds of existing business contacts, a hunter.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Prospecting/Lead Generation: Responsible for finding new leads, setting meetings, introducing the company, and closing sales deals. We are looking for a real hunter, an aggressive sales person, who is chasing down leads and closing deals 24/7.
- Sales: Pitch, negotiate, and close outside sales deals.
- Account Management: Be the primary contact person on your accounts, regularly meet with clients to strengthen relationships, introduce new products and grow clients’ monthly sales.
- Client Training: Train your client’s staff on using the company’s products, the organization’s value position, and how to sell these products
- Consult Client on Business Strategy: Work with clients on their business strategy to ensure success on their sales. Consult your clients on their distribution methods, margins and pricing, staff training, incentive programs, and more.
- Measurement & Analysis: Consistently track sales performance, measure and analyze your monthly sales projections versus actuals sales, perform ROI analysis, use data to determine sales strategy.
- Professional Development: Attend training and meetings at the head office as requested. Develop a Sales Strategy and personal Business Plan.
- A Degree
- At least 3 years of experience in sales.
- An extensive list of business contacts within Kenya.
- Previous experience in outside sales, especially selling wholesale consumer durable goods.
- Previous experience with sales projections and meeting sales goals.
- High energy, positive, willing to close deals 24/7 at the office, in a coffee shop, or in a matatu.
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2654”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2654 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 5th February 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.