Job Framework: Field Coordinator
Probationary Period: 3 months
Contract Type: 2 Year
This position reports to the Community Liaison Officer and is part of the Marketing Department. Its purpose is to foster an environment that supports community involvement particularly in relation to the youth, ownership and partnerships with community / youth groups in MSK’s work.
In particular the role will seek and deliver increased engagement by adolescents and people with disabilities. Working to support work across all channels the role with stimulate ideas, facilitate discussions and support effective technical engagement.
The role will also offer support and collaboration between the programmatic work and the government to ensure increased demand for our services within communities served for a sustainable social enterprise model of family planning and sexual reproductive health services.
The strategic purpose of the Department is strategic exploitation of marketing opportunities benefitting the fulfillment of MSK’s mission.
Marie Stopes Kenya is an NGO registered in Kenya. We are affiliated to Marie Stopes International. Together we deliver safe abortion, quality sexual and reproductive health care and family planning to millions of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable women. We want to make sure that women have a choice when it comes to having children and that death by unsafe abortion is reduced.
The primary responsibility of this role is to further our Goal: THE PREVENTION OF UNWANTED BIRTHS and its mission of ensuring the individual’s right to: CHILDREN BY CHOICE NOT CHANCE
The post holder commits to and is held accountable to Marie Stopes International global core values: Mission driven; Customer focused; Results oriented; Pioneering; Sustainability; People centered
Implementation of Adolescent Reproductive Health Project and SRH activities
- Developing activities which will create platforms for disseminating ASRH info such as health talks, meet up sessions with youth and parents / gate keepers
- Identifying community outposts who’ll be key influence points to the adolescents, passive mothers, aspiring pre-children
- Recruitment of influential youth groups and community groups to disseminate ASRH info
- Engagement and liaison with community organisations and associations targeting youth
- Provision / distribution of IEC materials
Key Result Areas
- Schedule of activities
- List of outposts
- List of youth groups and contacts
- Number of materials distributed
- Feedback sessions held after each activity
Supervision of YPEs and CHVs in the project
- Maintain records of all the CHVs and YPEs appointed and working with respective CHV supervisors and Youth Connectors
- Organize recruitment and training of the YPEs and CHVs on ASRH on need basis
- Identifying the YPEs and CHVs who empathize with the adolescents
- Ensure that the Youth Connectors and CHV supervisors are motivated to carry out the tasks
Key Result Areas
- Updated records
- Training mobilization and set up
- Monthly reports on meetings done and project achievements
- In collaboration with Marketing Officers and Regional Coordinators, organize briefings to relevant County authorities on the C4C activities
- Involvement of CHMT in supervising trainings and other activities for Activation Officers, YPEs and CHVs
Key Result Areas
- Meeting minutes and action points agreed and followed up
- Evidence of supervision during the trainings & meetings
- Monthly reports
Collaboration with Service Providers with regards to provision of youth friendly services
- Monitoring service uptake by the adolescents at the provided service points – MSK clinics, MSK Outreach and selected AMUA clinics
- Continuous needs assessment of the service provider on provision of youth friendly services
- Creation and maintenance of Diva Zones or Youth related space within the clinics
- In collaboration with the Outreach team, organize for youth pop up events for service uptake
Key Result Areas
- Number of adolescents taking up services
- Usage of Diva Zone – number of adolescents visiting the Diva Zone
- Monthly report on feedback from the adolescents regarding the services offered
- Number of pop events carried out monthly
Knowledge skills and attitudes
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Public Health, Marketing
- At least 2 years’ experience working in ASRH programs with an understanding of basic Family Planning.
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Good understanding of local County structures and networks
- Experience working with community and youth groups highly advantageous
- Experience in coordinating events
- Able to work independently
- Flexible and adaptable
- Confident in public speaking
Skills and Experience:
- Creativity in stimulating ideas and finding potential links between community activities and MSK’s work
- Comfortable and confident in liaising with key government departments and local authorities that serve in particular younger groups.
- Excellent communicator within MSK teams, partners and with community groups to develop ideas and formal agreements
How to Apply
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees including their email addresses (1 of which should be your immediate supervisor, 1 former supervisor and 1 any other but not a relative) should be submitted to: email@example.com on or before 21st February 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate in the subject line as “Field Coordinator”