Vacancy: Marketing and Communications Manager
Job Ref: TD/MM/1
Our client provides Integrated Crop Management solutions in Africa.
They are looking for a Marketing and Communications Manager to be based in Naivasha, Kenya.
S/he will lead development & implementation of integrated marketing communications plan, both strategies & tactics, which will effectively promote their brands and business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement, in liaison with the sales force and management, the overall digital marketing communications strategy.
- Coordinate with third party agencies to manage and optimise the delivery of various digital marketing communication initiatives including website updates, online marketing programs and promotions, social media, e-commerce, online advertising and search campaigns.
- Direct third party agencies to develop sales tools such as catalogues, brochures, sell sheets and POP materials to assist in communicating strategies consistent with business objectives.
- Assist Product Marketing Team to define and develop the Media strategy.
- Develop and manage, in close cooperation with the sales force and management, the overall branding and creative strategy for the business defining brand guidelines and ensuring that all marketing communication fit within them.
- Work closely with the local and international sales team to develop an annual event strategy and subsequent calendar that meets the business needs and objectives.
- Develop and implement post-show evaluation criteria and mechanism to determine the overall qualitative success of an event.
- Define and develop the Public Relations (PR) strategy and direct third party PR agency in development and execution of PR elements to fit the overall business needs. Be their representative and contact for all key trade associations and work closely with these associations to develop core PR initiatives that drive against the overall business’s goals and strategies.
- Responsible for all internal orders, ensuring that all expenses come within the overall approved budget. Assist in projects related to general marketing communication matters,
customer relations or other initiatives, as assigned by the Commercial and Operations Manager or the Managing Director
- Lead artwork review and copy claims process among Research & Development, Marketing, Legal and Regulatory to ensure information is accurate and compliant with corporate policies
- Lead efforts within the business to build the brand, support the Vision, Mission & Values, and play role on developing a collaborative approach in communications
- Collaborate with other subsidiary Marketing Communications Managers to share best practices and ensure consistency in activation of cross-business initiatives
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, journalism or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in Communications, Product Management or Marketing.
- Strong understanding of all marketing communication vehicles, but additional strength in digital and social media as well as Public Relations (Focus Areas).
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills as well as presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently.
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Strong computer skills and a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and strong understanding of Web analytics.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong in building effective teams that apply diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Strong in building customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Accountability and consistency in delivering results even under tough circumstances.
- Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work in cross-cultural settings.
- Ability to travel widely, both locally and internationally.
Remuneration: An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV in word format with a recent photograph of yourself embedded in the top right hand corner.
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role.
All documentation is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted