Our client, a leading electrical contracting and supplies company in Nairobi is seeking to recruit a Mechanical Engineer.
The candidate will be responsible for installations, servicing and repair of air conditioning, refrigeration, heating units and other electrical systems.
- Applying engineering principles to evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical and electrical products, equipment, systems and processes.
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations to maintenance crew.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Establish and coordinate the maintenance and safety procedures, service schedule, and supply of materials required to maintain machines and equipment in the prescribed condition.
- Study industrial processes to determine where and how application of equipment can be made.
- Write performance requirements for product development or engineering projects.
- Design, test and control apparatus and equipment and develop procedures for testing products.
- Provide feedback to management on customer problems and needs.
- Bachelor’s degree/Diploma in HVAC engineering technology/mechanical engineering.
- Atleast 3 years of experience in the same position.
- Must have solid problem solving skills to ensure the heating, cooling, refrigeration, and ventilation systems meet the needs of the users.
- Good communication skills.
- Computer-aided design (CAD) software training.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong mechanical or electrical engineering skills.
- Strong experience with air conditioning systems.
- Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
Interested candidate should send their applications (CV and cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 01 March 2017.
Please indicate, ‘Mechanical Engineer’ on the subject line.