Position Title: Database Administrator
Ref No: HR/004/17
Available Positions: One (1)
Reporting to: Head of Data Centre & Infrastructure
Position scope: The successful candidate will be responsible for administering, maintaining, developing & implementing policies and procedures to ensure the security and integrity of the Bank’s Oracle databases.
- Create and maintain databases required for development, testing and production usage
- Performs the capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases Administration of Oracle RAC (Real Application Cluster), Oracle Exadata & DataGuard Administration
- Maintain database security, integrity and computing resources to comply with Bank standards
- Administer all database projects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages & procedures
- Monitoring the performance of the database system and implementing or recommending the required changes to increase the performance and maximum uptime
- Plan and implement backup and recovery of Bank’s Oracle databases.
- Storage administration for V7000, DS4700 and Oracle Exadata Storage Cells
- Provide reliable backup services and conduct routine hardware and software audits of AIX servers to ensure compliance to established standards, policies, configuration guidelines, and procedures.