The National Land Commission: Pursuant to Article 252 1(C) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and National Land Commission Act of 2012, the Commission invites applications from suitable candidates for the following positions:
Valuation & Taxation Directorate
Chief Valuation and Taxation Officer
NLC Grade (5)
Two (2) Posts
An officer at this position is responsible for coordinating land valuation and taxation activities within a given schedule.
Gross Salary Scale for the position of Principal Valuation Officers (Min Kshs. 132,000 – Max Kshs. 207,000)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake valuations for compulsory acquisition and easements, valuations for ground rents and standard premium for land allocations and lease renewals, to ensure the taxes paid are based on accurate information
- Prepare advisory valuations for market value or rental to National and County governments, to ensure the decisions on land made by the governments are well informed and consider the interests of all stakeholders
- Compile project reports to ensure the projects are monitored along timelines and quality standards
- Receive and address public enquires and complaints on land valuation and taxation matters, and provide redress mechanisms, to ensure the needs of all stakeholders are fully attended to
- Undertake valuation inspections on the ground to ensure the valuations are done in line with the commission quality standards for enhanced service delivery to all stakeholders.
- Prepare work plans for assigned projects to ensure the projects are delivered in a timely manner and with consideration to high quality standards
- Undertake valuation for stamp duty on land transactions to ensure the correct taxes are paid
- Undertake valuation for property taxation to project both the state and public from unfair taxation practices
- Collect and maintain property data to ensure the data is accurate, complete, and safe from access by unauthorized persons
- Supervise the senior Valuation Officers and Valuation Assistants to ensure that the schedule for gazattment for intention is in line with the provided details i.e cadastral maps, plans and land office/Registry searches
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelors’ degree in land Economics or Real Estates from recognized institution.
- Must be a licensed valuer with up –to date certificates from institute of Surveyors of Kenya and Valuers Registration Board.
- Must have served as a real Estates Valuer for at least Six years, three (3) of which must have been at a Senior Management Level.
- Knowledge of the relevant legislation
- Knowledge of professional standard
Attributes / Skills
- Should possess the following skills
- Good communication both verbal and written skills,
- Should possess problem solving skills
- Supervisory skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work well with team
- Interpersonal skills
- Meet the requirement of chapter six (6) of the constitution of Kenya
How to Apply
If you possess or meet the above qualifications,
i. Send your application letter together with detailed Curriculum Vitae including names of three referees and their full contacts (name, post office box number, email address, and telephone/mobile phone contact;
ii. Copies of academic certificates and testimonials;
iii. Certificate of good conduct, clearance from HELB, EACC, Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) and KRA Tax Compliance Certificate.
All applications should include job reference numbers (on the envelop and Application letter), a reliable email address and day-time telephone contact.
Please Note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the application.
The National Land Commission is an equal opportunity employer; women, people from marginalized areas and Person living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The applications should reach the office of the Secretary/ CEO, National Land Commission by close of business on 2nd March, 2017.
The Secretary/CEO National Land Commission
1st Ngong Road, Ardhi House
12th Floor, Room 1205
P.O Box 44417-00100