OGRA Foundation is a non-governmental organization registered in Kenya. Its core pillars are disease prevention and treatment; maternal and child health; health systems strengthening; community empowerment; and emergency preparedness and response.
Our mission is to promote, improve health and emergency response in pursuing economic and cultural development in the fight against poverty and social exclusion in the communities.
OGRA Foundation is currently looking for able professional to fill the following position in the organization:
Overall Job Function:
The role of the Nurse is to ensure nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients
- Regulates and monitors patient flow and progress by preparing clients for examination, setting up examination rooms, and assisting other health care providers with procedures.
- Administering drugs and dressings to patients.
- Assess vital signs, administers injections and performs minor procedures on patients.
- Recording patients’ details in the patients register.
- Ensure that examination and post-clinic rooms or other areas are cleaned to maintain a safe, therapeutic, and hygienic environment;
- Ensure adequate supplies are available and that equipment is in working order.
- Diploma in Registered Nursing from a recognized institution and in possession of a registration certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Must have at least one year’s experience in a busy health facility.
- Knowledge on HIV/AIDS care and treatment added advantage.
- Must be pleasant, have good communication skills and willing to work in challenging environments and under pressure.
- Demonstrated skills in records management.
- Should be ready and able to work in a rural set up.
Interested applicants are invited to send their applications detailing current and expected salary and a CV with contact details of three referees to the Human Resource Manager at email@example.com with the position applied for as the subject line by Friday, 3rd March 2017.
Canvassing by applicant is strongly discouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
OGRA Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.