Duma Works is recruiting an Office Manager for one of out clients.
The client is a private full-service event planning & management company.
Summary: The Office Manager will provide general management of the office, and administrative support to the company team and office supplies management.
The role will require management of multiple vendors, making sure the facilities are clean, secure, orderly, and safe.
- Front Office/Reception management: Welcome guests and serve as the first point of contact for our suppliers, customers, employees etc. as they walk through the door.
- Telephone Switchboard Management: Answer phone calls and direct them to the appropriate parties.
- Rent Lease Management: Liaise with building landlord regarding rented office space, including driving urgent resolutions to building-related issues that may arise.
- Internal clients’ management: Help maintain a high level of service to internal clients (staff,consultants etc.) by serving, streamlining and anticipating their facility’s needs.
- Office security management (to include opening and closing the office).
- Health and Safety Compliance: Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety standards in all office premises.
- Quality Maintenance: Perform daily quality checks around the offices.
- Vendors Management: Manage vendor and suppliers’ relationships i.e. maintaining accurate records of all supplier/vendor contracts, SLA (Service Level Agreements) and contacts.
- Utilities management (availability and downtime management).
- Inventory Management: Maintaining proper levels of office supplies, stationery, snacks etc.
- Company Event Management: Assist with the logistics of company event planning, preparation, execution, and post-event wrap-up.
- Office Correspondence Documents Management: Checking and issuing/receiving invoices, cheques and other financial source documents. Management of the office’s post office box.
- Manage the default company email account.
- High Office and Employee experience: Constantly thinking about what we can do to elevate the office and employee experience.
- Support Staff Management: Delegate tasks to the support staff as required. This will include courier logistics management.
- Office Petty Cash management.
- Strong customer service skills and instincts.
- C-Suit Assistance (Booking travel and accommodation for the C-Suite; Secretarial duties; CEO personal errands management; Management of CEO’s calendar and acting as first point of contact to external customers).
Traits and Skills
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Enthusiasm, service orientation, and strong ability to get things done.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to easily connect with all types of people both internally & externally.
- Demonstrated discretion and judgment with prior experience handling sensitive information.
- Ability to work effectively on teams and independently
- Proficiency with Google apps (Gmail, Google docs, Google drive) and Microsoft Office suite (word/excel/PowerPoint) required. Familiarity with collaboration and document sharing technology helpful (Drop Box, Google Drive).
- Able to use and trouble-shooting a variety of office equipment, including: scanners, printers, wifi connection, Laptops, PC computers etc.
- Unwavering integrity and strong character
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrate professionalism
- Demonstrates positive, fun, professional, can-do attitude on a daily basis.
Education & Experience
- Business Degree or Diploma
- At least two years’ administration experience in a busy organization
Send a Cover Letter and detailed CV to email@example.com marking the subject as “2700”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2700 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 2nd March 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.