Vacancy: Operations Director
Job Ref: WM/OD/1
About our client: Our client provides people with better choices for a better world, including socially conscious and environmentally friendly clothes and accessories amongst others.
They are looking for an Operations Director. S/he will provide strategic leadership and expertise that ensures effective and efficient operations.
Also inspire the team and attract the industry’s best talent as well as mentoring and nurturing the current teams in the departments.
The incumbent will be based in their Nairobi office, with frequent travel within East Africa.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership on all administrative issues touching on management of staff, resources, procurement and logistics are well coordinated and managed.
- Ensure that the Standard Operating Procedure’s(SOP) are being followed and put into proper use by the Liaison Directors, Managers and Coordinators.
- Mentoring the operations team in their assigned roles and ensure proper strategy is put in place.
- Attend periodical meetings with all Directors and Managers to ensure smooth flow of operations and to provide advice and information to management and employees on best practices for the proper management of operations.
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies, specifically, support better management reporting, information flow to all parties.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency in operations through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication.
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared towards operational excellence.
- Accountable for the planning and execution of all vehicle movements of guests and team members for both countries.
- Oversee Logistics, fleet management including repair and maintenance.
- Planning and organising on the day to day management of all camps.
- Recruiting, training and mentorship to the staff.
- Preparing and managing quarterly budgets and financial plans and controlling expenditure; maintaining statistical and financial records for operations department.
- Dealing with guests complaints and comments.
- Supervising maintenance, supplies, renovations and furnishings; carrying out inspections of property and services.
- Dealing with contractors and suppliers to ensure quality and efficiency in all the different departments.
- Ensuring security of all premises and that we have the relevant equipment, trained staff to handle any security issues.
- Ensuring compliance with licensing laws on health