Position: Health, Safety and Environment Manager
Reporting to: Chief HSE & Security Officer
Department: HSE & Security
Role Purpose: Responsible for planning and implementing the Health, Safety and Environment strategies, managing and developing HSE programs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with Kenyan Environmental, Health and Safety Laws and requirements and Telecom Kenya’s HSE policy and procedures
- Evaluate the workplace environment and develop safety-management policies that identify and define the safety responsibilities of all employees
- Continually maintain an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and preparedness across the organization,
- Liaise with relevant regulatory authorities on securing new, and reporting on existing operations, permits and licences
- Monitor HSE performance against approved plan and propose corrective / preventive actions necessary for continual improvement of HSE and its perfomance indicators
- Lead formal risk assessments for the evaluation and management of occupational HSE hazards across the company’s activities.
- Coordinate with various departments/functional units to identify key risk areas and priorities, produce and maintain HSE risk registers
- Engage with, audit and report on, third party contractor and subcontractors required to meet TKL HSE policy and procedures.
- Produce ad-hoc incident reports, investigate root, underlying and direct causes, maintain an Incident Register
- Produce a monthly dashboard with KPIs
- Produce and update the HSE risk register
- Develop any reporting formats and contents for the benefit of the Management or the Board
- Advise the Chief Chief HSE & Security Officer on day-to-day basis on HSE issues and supporting the routine reporting of HSE performance to the Board
- Establish HSE objectives, set clear targets to direct report(s)
- Provide coaching to staff to ensure required standard of performance
- Staff development through participation of staff in training, workshops, seminars and courses
- Coordinate and manage the development and implementation of TKL’s existing HSE policy and procedures towards Best International Practice, HSE Reguations and Standards
- Set corporate targets and goals for HSE performance improvement
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Environmental Health, Safety Engineering or Occupational Health or equivalent
- Over 5 years relevant experience, of which 3 years should be in a managerial or role in Health Safety Environment
- Professional qualifications in HSE
- Practical experience in Kenyan HSE regulations and the use of formal HSE risk assessments.
- Familiarity with international Environmental Management Systems and Health and Safety Management Systems
- Knowledge of HSE in telecommunications, property, infrastructure, construction or extractive industries
- Recognized membership or qualification of an international Environment, or Health & Safety organization
- Interpersonal & communication skills Strong leadership skills.
- Results orientation
- Organizational awareness
- Team-work and cooperation
- Planning and organization
- Analytical thinking & problem solving
- Conflict resolution, influence & persuasion
- Reporting skills
- Willingness to travel
How to Apply
This position is open to Kenyan citizens only.
If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 10th March 2017 , please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Apply through firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.