Job profile: Personal Assistant
Reports to: General Manager / Deputy General Manager
Department: Office of the GM
Location: Kitengela – Factory
Salary: KES. 60,000-70,000 Gross
JOB OBJECTIVE: The main responsibility will be management and support services to the office of the GM and Deputy GM to ensure efficiency and service delivery to the GM and clients requiring services from the office.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing full secretarial services to the GM
- Responsible for maintaining and managing the diary of the GM and ensuring that all appointments are prioritized and disposed of accordingly.
- Gate keeper effect to the office of the GM to ensure that only approved and authorized visits and communications are facilitated.
- Follow up with all line managers to ensure that responsibilities apportioned by the GM on adhoc basis are delivered upon
- Maintain and replenish the hospitality budget of the GM office and ensure the GM and any visitors to the office are well taken care off
- Make all travel and transport arrangements both local and foreign travel for GM’s Office
- Supervision of office cleanliness/ wellbeing towards improvement of the corporate image
- Any other support services and duties as required
- Ensure that the GM is accessible and has accessibility to all line managers on demand
- Meticulous and judicious documentation and accountability of documents
- Time and access management to the office of the GM
- Effective communication of information emanating from the GM Office
- Sanctity and confidentiality of all communication, engagements, documentation, events at the GM office.
- Maintenance of the corporate image of the office at all times.
COMMUNICATION AND WORK RELATIONSHIPS:
Internal: All functions
- Diploma in secretarial services/business management
- Certification and membership in professional bodies will be an added advantage
- Over 2 years progressive work experience in secretarial position/Personal Assistant.
- Cross functional experience and knowledge in diverse fields.
- Should have strong communications and interpersonal skills and abilities.
- Ability to effectively organize, plan and execute programmes/directives/communication in accordance with the needs of the office of the GM.
- Self-motivated, assertive and independent worker.
- Should be an efficient time manager and have the ability to meet deadlines and targets.
- Judgement and decision making
- Conflict management
- Stress tolerance
- Facilitation skills
HOW TO APPLY
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees including their email addresses (1 of which should be your immediate supervisor, 1 former supervisor and 1 any other not relatives) and the current and expected gross salary. Should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 16th February 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Please clearly indicate in the subject line as “Personal Assistant”