The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Postdoctoral Scientist to provide food safety linkage with Cgiar Research Program (CRP) Livestock, strengthen food safety capacity in Nairobi and to build collaborations with German partners.
- Complete publications from Safe Food, Fair Food project.
- Supporting getting Safe Food, Fair Food project findings to CRP L&F policy platforms (maintain engagement with CRP L&F with reference to Safe Food, Fair Food outcome mapping strategy, maintain blog post on food safety in informal markets)
- Supporting on logistics, workshop agenda
- Assist with MoreMilk (base line data collection; systematic literature review)
Support completing mPig (annual donor report; analysis and write-up of results; develop concept note for follow up grant)
- Relationship management with German partners
- Participate in ILRI institutional activities
- Ph.D. In veterinary science related field; Epidemiology, parasitology, or food science is preferred
- CPD courses in epidemiology or a related subject
- At least 2 years of relevant work experiencein ande
- Skills in participatory risk analysis, design and implementation of prevalence, risk factor and KAP studies;
- Science communication track record and experience in organizing and delivering training;
- Fluent English and German required and knowledge of one or more languages in countries where ILRI is active preferred (especially French, Vietnamese, Swahili)
Post location: The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya
Position level: Post-doctoral level.
Duration: 3 years with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon individual performance and continued funding.
Benefits: ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes medical insurance, life insurance and allowances for: education, housing, home leave, and annual holiday entitlement of 30 days + public holidays.
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV expressing their interest in the position, what they can bring to the role and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development through our recruitment portal by clicking on “Apply Now” before 16 March 2017.
The position title and reference number: PD/AH/02/2017 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the online application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.