Duma Works is recruiting a Poultry Vaccination Coordinator in Kitui for one of our clients.
The hiring company is a non- profit firm that deals with farm produce to ensure food security in Africa.
The main focus is the delivery of Newcastle disease vaccine (for poultry) and training of village-based advisors to provide this vaccine as a paid service for farmers in their villages, thus increasing survival rates and flock sizes of the birds.
Chicken is one of the most important food security livestock to farmers in the dryer areas of Eastern, providing high value protein rich food for the house and an asset that can be sold rapidly for cash.
- Minimum diploma, up to Bachelor level degree, in animal health, livestock management, agriculture.
- Experience in agriculture and livestock in rural areas.
- At least 2 years experience in animal health/livestock health management.
- Willing to live and work in Kitui.
- Mature and composed person who can interact with County Government/Ministry of Agriculture representatives and private sector partners.
- Humble with a deep desire to help farmers.
- Fluent in English, Kiswahili and Kikamba.
- Good computer literacy, writing skills, numeracy.
- Organized and punctual.
- Entrepreneurial minded and interested in Agribusiness.
Benefits: Base salary (depending on the qualifications & experience of the candidate) plus transport and communication allowance.
Significant opportunity for a strong business oriented person to make monthly sales commissions on vaccine and other inputs sold across the villages in the program areas that can increase monthly income by 20-50% above salary, or more.
Health insurance after successful completion of probationary period.
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2695”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2695 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 3rd March 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.