Duma Works is recruiting a Retail Marketing Manager in Nairobi for one of our clients; a leading regional retail chain store.
Description: Although retail marketing is the focus, this is a varied role encompassing internal communications and some consumer marketing.
You will be a great relationship builder, tenacious with a can do attitude and be confident enough to work on your own initiative.
If you are seeking a role that is mapped out for you on a day-to-day basis, this is probably not the place for you.
- Champion the company through engagement with trading & marketing teams.
- Developing great quality customer communications across the retail estate.
- Ensure a consistent customer journey throughout our retail portfolio, ensuring all key touch points are addressed and add value to the shopping experience.
- Engage the merchandising/design team in the development of new fixtures right the way through to launching new store specs.
- Project manage and support the delivery of training materials to retail colleagues as well as to the wider teams as required: sales, Customer Services, Social Care teams.
- Deliver ad-hoc marketing collateral to help further promote the company and other associated brands.
- Develop and oversee the annual marketing calendar.
- Develop the company brand (strategy, logo etc)
- Responsible for the concept, planning and implementation of monthly POS marketing campaigns in our retail stores.
- To create effective POS materials including artwork development, design, delivery and dispatch on time and within budget.
- Liaison with key stakeholders to create and approve bespoke POS across print and digital.
- Key point of contact for digital POS, ensuring brand guidelines are met whilst delivering cutting edge creative in store.
- Manage and grow a marketing team.
- Support the Chief Marketing Officer as required.
- Proven product management experience ideally within retail.
- At least 5 years experience in the retail sector.
- Successful track record of developing and implementing retail campaigns.
- Proven experience in delivering high volume marketing collateral and owning tactical requests alongside a complex, changing schedule.
- Strong expertise in dealing with both 3rd party suppliers and external agencies, ensuring timely and efficient delivery.
- Experience of print management, POS best practice and retail marketing innovation
- Digital media experience, understanding the role and trends in digital media including social.
- Experience in understanding and interpreting consumer insight data.
- Strong PC experience working with Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Demonstrable project management skills.
- Ability to work across multiple marketing projects in a complex retail estate.
- Degree educated.
- Strong team player with ability to build strong and lasting relationships across the business.
- Self starter, comfortable to collaborate across the business.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, with proven ability to influence senior stakeholders.
- Excellent networker with powerful communication, presentation and influencing skills.
- Analytical and numerate with the ability to sort and interpret large volumes of data.
- Excellent copywriting skills including spelling, grammar and attention to detail.
- Highly organised with a flexible approach to working within a fast changing, fast moving environment.
- Commitment to the success of the the company and associated brands, high energy, comfortable working within a fast paced environment.
- High energy, committed to personal career growth and development.
- Multi-channel marketing experience (specifically in print/direct, digital/online).
- Ability to business case new initiatives and proposals for sign-off and proof of ROI.
- Strong organisational and project management skills including experience of working on multiple projects simultaneously, working under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Innovative, passionate about new technology and latest trends.
- Senior stakeholder management.
- Qualified to a Degree level.
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2688”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2688 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 3rd March 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.