Resolution Insurance Company Ltd is a general insurer offering innovative and responsive insurance solutions.
We have learned to adapt in this constantly changing society, and develop comprehensive products that are relevant to our clients.
We currently have over 60,000 members in our fold and have partnered with over 500 medical service providers across East Africa; a strong network of hospitals, clinics and doctors.
The Resolution Insurance brand is energetic and trendy. In pursuit of our ambitious growth plan, we are looking to fill the position below:
Underwriter – General Insurance Business
Reporting to the Senior Underwriter, the Underwriter’s overall purpose will be to manage the member on-boarding process on general insurance lines.
The jobholder will be expected to demonstrate commitment and loyalty and perform all duties in accordance with the organization’s office routines and procedures, keeping in mind the overall business objectives.
Key Responsibility Areas:
1. Ensure that the company maintains timely, clear and accurate membership records in the system.
2. Underwriting of general insurance lines:
a. Ensure rating template is adhered to.
b. Correct premiums is charged for the risks covered
c. Identify and provide solutions for potential/high impact risks before, during and after for corporate schemes
3. Liaise with Finance department on premium payments, invoicing, receipting and allocations.
4. Create policy documents and communicate with agents/brokers/clients on confirmation of receipt of policy documents, endorsements and other policy related documentation.
5. Conduct reconciliations on additions & terminations in liaison with Finance department and client.
6. Prepare the following reports:
a. Membership declaration reports and forwarding to broker and finance department for payment and ensuring finance has remitted risk premium
b. Corporate renewal reports with reviews and analysis
c. Resolution Scheme performance report.
7. Manage insurance riders on the system by liaising with medical underwriting
8. Prepare and disburse renewal notices to respective stakeholders.
9. Ensure set customer service targets are achieved.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in insurance or CII qualification.
- 3-5 years relevant work experience in underwriting in a general insurance company
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Well developed computer skills
- Excellent research and report writing skills
- Business degree
- Ability to work responsibly with or without direct supervision.
- Strong Customer Service and interpersonal skills
If you believe you are a team player and would be a valuable resource to this ever growing brand, kindly visit our careers page on www.resolution.co.ke by close of Business on Monday 27th February 2017.
Applications should be made strictly through the careers portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.