Duma Works is recruiting a Media Liaison Officer for one of our clients; a leading regional retail chain store.
The MLO is responsible for overseeing an organizations communications with the press and wider media ensuring positive working relations are maintained with key members and the organizations message is consistent and positive.
Duties of a Press officer include:
- Liaising with the press to communicate messages from the organization.
- Building strong working relationships with members of the press and digital media.
- Providing advice to senior members of staff on written communications with the press.
- Proof reading and where necessary rewriting statements from senior members to press and the media.
- Managing various media campaigns throughout the organization with different goals and planned outcomes.
- Ensuring the integration of digital and social media alongside any press and media campaigns.
- Working on a wide range of marketing materials ensuring the message and tone of written communications is consistent throughout the organization and fits with the overall brand.
- Liaison with the press during times of crisis management or unexpected negative PR incidents.
- Working with the Chief Marketing Officer to manage any PR agency relationships and workload
The ideal background of a Press officer:
- Qualified with a relevant degree or equivalent journalism qualification.
- Must have a strong understanding of the press ideally from working in a similar role or from working in the press.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills are essential.
Must be highly organized and be able to meet strict and erratic deadlines.
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2691”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2691 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 6th March 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.