Vacancy: Process Controller, Operations
Royal FloraHolland, the world’s leading flower auction, had a global sale in 2014 of € 4.5 billion in flowers and plants.
It plays a key role as marketplace, matchmaker, mediation and Post Harvest Knowledge center. FloraHolland is a service providing company, which has no focus on generating profit, but offering its members the best sales opportunities at the lowest possible costs.
With four (4) auction centers in the Netherlands, FloraHolland is an international operating intermediary organization and has a dynamic import department.
By offering the best quality and various selections of flowers and plants, FloraHolland wishes to maintain its lead as a trustworthy marketplace for international commerce.
To support the achievement of our goals in Kenya, FloraHolland is currently looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and dynamic Process Controller, Operations.
Our employee core values are passionate expertise, exceptional customer service, business judgment, integrity, teamwork and innovation. If these values describe you, then we look forward to your application.
The new Process Controller Operations will be assigned to our strategic program, which focuses on sourcing for the Asian market.
He or she will receive instructions from our strategic program team in the Netherlands but will report to the management of the Royal FloraHolland Office in Kenya.
The Process Controller, Operations will assure the quality of order and delivery processes at the selected farms where clients of Royal Flora Holland source.
- Pro-actively developing new standard operating procedures at farm-level in accordance to client sourcing requests.
- Verifying and controlling all operational processes according to set SOP’s across the value chain of flower production i.e. variety selection, cutting stage, quality specifications, grading, packing and documentation.
- Conducting detailed checks on order details and figures to match order quantities.
- Controlling delivery and forwarding processes to and at the airport. Ensuring flower handling processes and facilities in transit and at the airport are up to date.
- Ensuring procedures for export clearance are well adhered to and documented effectively.
- Taking direct corrective measures when deviations/problems are noticed during the value chain process or by customers.
- Taking direct actions and execute forward planning and measures to prevent future deviations and problems.
- Establishing reporting and feedback to farms on farm level and FloraHolland departments.
- Degree in Horticulture or agricultural based study
- Broad knowledge of the international flower business and the handling procedures of flowers from production to delivery
- Knowledge and experience in quality aspects of flowers – especially in the Asian market
- Experience in a complex/international two sided surrounding
- Sensitive to demand driven process
- Strong communication skills at all levels
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Organizational skills and research experience, team player
- Good computer skills (Windows, Microsoft Office)
- Professional appearance
- Flexibility to travel across the farms
How to apply:
Send your application including a cover letter and detailed CV, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees by Thursday 16th February 2017 to:
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.