Job Title: Operations and Administration Assistant
Reporting to: HR and Admin Officer
Key Relationships: Kenya Country Manager, Somalia Country Director, Finance Manager, Programme and Projects Managers, Operations and Finance team
Salary: KES 1,109,033 to KES 1,411,192 per annum
Description of Saferworld: Saferworld is an independent non-governmental organisation that works to prevent and reduce violent conflict and promote cooperative approaches to security.
We work with civil society, governments and international organisations to encourage and support effective policies and practices through advocacy, research and policy development, and through supporting the actions of others.
Job Purpose: We are seeking an experienced Operations and Administration Assistant to join our team in Nairobi. The person appointed will be responsible for providing administrative and logistical support to Saferworld’s Kenya and Somalia / Somaliland programmes.
- Undertake and coordinate travel bookings and accommodation for staff members and visitors.
- Assist in organising for meetings, conferences and workshops as required.
- Maintain information on hotels at a central resource.
- Assist in processing visa applications for staff and consultants.
- Source quotations for venues and service providers.
- First point of contact for visitors and telephone enquiries.
- Provide reception duties, and deal with the general running of the office and communications – telephone and mail.
- Dispatch and distribute mails and parcels.
- Assist with IT in trouble-shooting and other IT issues that may arise.
- Allocate office space to visitors (staff and non-staff).
- Assist in with tagging and labelling of office assets.
Health and Safety
- Ensure first aid box is well stocked
- Ensure the office is kept tidy and free from health hazards
- Ensure the office is properly locked in the evening before leaving
- Under-graduate degree in Business Administration or Advance Diploma or equivalent professional experience in a related field would be desirable.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in undertaking logistics work
- High awareness of confidentiality
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office, (Outlook, Access and Excel).
- Good planning and organisational skills and efficient work methods
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritise, organise workload, meet deadlines and work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate well, including written and spoken English.
- A commitment to working in a non-partisan manner
- An exceptional sense of professionalism, urgency, drive, intuition, and follow up
- Sympathetic to the issues on which Saferworld works.
Terms and Conditions
Monthly salary: KES 1,109,033 to KES 1,411,192 per annum
Probation: There will be a probationary period of three months
Leave entitlement: 28 days per year (Jan-Dec) in addition to relevant public holidays
Medical and life insurance
Pension: Contributory scheme
Hours: Standard working week is 37.5
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deadline for applications: 12 March 2017