Empowering communities for sustainable development in Turkana County
Job Title / Position: Programs Manager
Application Deadline: 28th February, 2017
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Starting Date: 5th of March 2017
Duration of Initial Contract: One Year
Reporting to: Executive Director
Background (SAPCONE): SAPCONE is a Kenyan based non-profit making indigenous organization with the head office in Lodwar town and liaison office in Turkana north and operating in Turkana County with core mandate empowering marginalized communities for sustainable development in Turkana, mainly with focus on social accountability, education and child protection.
We are also involved in other community development interventions such as rain water harvesting and livelihoods Programmes that are labor intensive like road works and sanitation improvements in households in and around Turkana County where we have our project camps.
It also deals with civic education and promotes peace building and conflict mitigation, Emergency response, Conflict early warning and families’ re-unification as a result of cross border atrocities among other programmes and projects.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Programs Manager oversees the overall coordination and administration of all aspects of programmatic activities, including planning, organizing, monitoring and evaluation, resource mobilization, staff supervision, leading, and controlling the said program activities.
This position also oversees the implementation of established policies and objectives, and also ensures that each aspect of the programs is functioning effectively and efficiently.
Oversight of SAPCONE programmatic activities includes, but not limited to: leading, managing and evaluating all programmatic staff; solicitation and development of new initiatives; implementation of initiatives and activities in accordance with the organization’s mission and strategic direction; adherence to external funder rules and regulations; development and maintenance of appropriate operating budgets; and report writing.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Master’s degree in Law, Social Sciences, International Human Rights or equivalent plus 6 years relevant working experience with 2 years in senior management Or Undergraduate degree in Law or relevant Social Sciences plus 8 years working experience with 2 in senior management.
- Must have a good understanding of Project Cycle Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, and Resource mobilization.
- Experience in a team management role with demonstrated success developing and evaluating program models, and selecting and successfully operationalizing innovative programs.
- Demonstrable experience in and passion for community empowerment and mobilization
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multi-faceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth;
- Fluency in English required; working knowledge of Swahili a plus;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to detail;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for SAPCONE mission and goals.
This position is full-time and is on a contractual basis.
This job advertisement does not list all the duties of the posted job and a further job description will be provided.
This advertisement is not a contract for employment.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should apply via e-mail to email@example.com with only “SAPCONE Program Manager in the subject line.
The e-mail should contain your resume, cover letter, three (3) professional references, and current and expected remuneration. SAPCONE will only contact candidates considered for the position.
SAPCONE is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women applicants are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.