Save the Children International
Job Title: FMS System Administrator
Team / Programme: IT
Post Type: National (2 Years)
Child Safeguarding: Level 3 – The responsibilities of the post will require the post holder to have regular contact with data about children and/or young people as part of their work.
Role Purpose: As part of their long term strategy, Save the Children is building regional hubs of technology specialists to service their global IT needs.
This role is part of the Nairobi technology hub focused on delivering a global service to all Save the Children countries.
The Nairobi team will be responsible for developing and maintaining the Finance Management System (FMS) implemented on Agresso.
Scope of Role: The FMS System Administrator will be responsible for developing and maintaining existing & new modules of the Finance Management System (FMS) implemented on Agresso.
The primary focus will be on implementing new functionality in the FMS system, as directed by the SCI global strategy.
The role will also be responsible for being part of the 2nd & 3rd line support queue, helping support analysts to resolve problem which require source code analysis, or advanced business knowledge.
The FMS System Administrator may be required to deputise for the Senior FMS System Administrator when (s)he is out of the office, along with other FMS Administrators in other regions.
The FMS System Administrator will work closely with country, regional and centre based finance teams to provide reporting and analytical information to assist in the running of an efficient and effective finance global function.
The FMS System Administrator will work with the FMS Technical Architect and other FMS Administrators in other locations to provide a reliable, scalable and performant Agresso system to all SCI countries and those members that participate in the shared service.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Dimensions: Save the Children has been operational in Kenya since the 1950s, providing support to children through developmental and humanitarian relief programmes delivered both directly and through local partners.
Current programming focuses on child protection, child rights governance, education, health, HIV/AIDS, livelihoods, nutrition and WASH.
In 2012, as part of a global reorganization process, Save the Children combined the programmes of SC UK, SC Canada and SC Finland to create a single operation in Kenya.
In Feb 2014, we completed a second transition, which saw us join forces with the British INGO, Merlin, and merge their health and nutrition programmes with our own.
Save the Children now has an operational presence in Bungoma, Dadaab Refugee Camp, Garissa, Mandera, Turkana and Wajir and we work through partners in many other parts of the country.
In 2016, Save the Children established a new project office in Madagascar whose operations are managed by the Kenya CO.
In total, we employ around 250 staff in both countries and had an operating annual budget in 2016 of approximately US$17.5million
Reports to: Senior FMS System Administrator
Staff reporting to this post: none
Budget Responsibilities: none
Key Areas of Accountability:
Responsible for business analysis, requirement, design & developments, in accordance with agreed FMS Development plans and enhancement priorities from end users, ensuring appropriate and timely engagement of key stakeholders. (80% of role)
- Develop new functionality or make enhancements to existing functionality as per business requirements.
- Ensure that all system changes are scalable to the full size of SCA user base (25000 staff)
- Ensure a full business analysis phase is mapped out and documented for all planned changes
- Ensure that there is compatibility between all SCA instances where new enhancements are made
- Ensure that all designs and technical specifications are fully documented
- Ensure that all enhancements are signed off with agreed costs and timescales with sponsors
- Provide system reports and address enquiries in accordance with business requirements
- Manage all interfaces between applications and deal with any rejections or validation errors accordingly
- Create and maintain configuration management items.
- Support and document applications in line with any approved system changes
- Assist with on-boarding new country offices, which will share Save the Children platforms
- Business partner key stakeholders to capture new business requirements and prioritise for future development
Shared responsibility for support for global users at centre, Regional, Country and Sub-Office levels, which includes logging and management of 3rd/4th level support calls with the Agresso vendor, Unit4. (10% of role)
- Proactively check all support ticket system queues and participate fairly within the global shared support model, when rostered to be part of the 2nd & 3rd line team.
- Shared responsibility for ensuring that all support tickets are responded to within the appropriate SLA
- Shared responsibility for ensuring that tickets are escalated through tiers of support as per technical guidance
- Ensure that vendor is engaged and meeting SLAs where appropriate in tickets that require vendor escalation
- Ensure that feedback is given to the Senior FMS System Administrator about the vendor so that they can appropriately manage the vendor contracts
Responsible for collaborating with the Global IT Team and other Agresso SME’s to ensure that system availability and performance is maximised. (5 % of role)
- Shared responsibility for the availability of the platform meeting agreed SLAs
- Shared responsibility for ensuring that the platform is up to date with all appropriate critical software patches
- Shared responsibility for ensuring that the vendor code is at an up to date version
Occasional requirement to carry out regression testing to ensure that live FMS operations are safeguarded at all times. (5 % of role)
- Responsibility for participating in user regression testing where required
- Ensure that all test feedback to documented in the bug tracking system
Behaviours (Values in Practice)
- Delivering Results: Takes personal responsibility and holds others to account to deliver our ambitious goals for children, continually improving own performance or that of the team/organisation.
- Developing Self and Others: Invests time and energy to actively develop self and others to help realise their full potential, and to build the organisation’s capability for the future.
- Leading and Inspiring Others: Demonstrates leadership in all our work, role models our values and articulates a compelling vision to inspire others to achieve goals for our children.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making: Takes effective, considered and timely decisions by gathering and evaluating relevant information from within or outside the organisation and making appropriate judgements.
- Applying Technical Expertise: Applies the required technical and professional expertise to the highest standards, promotes and shares best practices within and outside the organisation.
- Innovating and Adapting: Develops and implements innovative solutions to adapt and succeed in an ever – changing, uncertain work and global environment.
- Working Effectively with others: Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives. Knows when to lead and when to follow and how to ensure effective cross- boundary working.
- Communicating with Impact: Communicates clearly and confidently with others to engage and Influence, Promotes dialogue and ensures timely and appropriate messages, building confidence and trust with others.
- Networking: Builds and uses sustainable relationships and networks to support the work of Save the Children.
Desirable: Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field such as IT, Finance, Mathematics (candidates without such qualifications will be considering if they can demonstrate appropriate technical skills as shown in the experience and skills section)
Experience and Skills
- Strong understanding of the business processes of a financial Management systems preferably an ERP
- Experience of solving complex business and technical issues through trouble shooting and analysis, defining a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
- A desire to work on an enterprise level ERP / finance system based on the Microsoft stack (Windows Server, .NET, SQL Server, IIS)
- Ability to explain complex technical and non-technical information in a succinct and compelling manner to all levels of seniority
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Proven technical skills in a mainstream programming language, or database system (cross training will be provided if required)
- Proven experience in implementing and managing Agresso applications
- Good T-SQL language skills
- Experience with any of the following Agresso modules: Financials, Project Costing & Billing, Inventory Accounting, Accounts Payable, Planner, Workflow
- Track record of administering & supporting applications in a complex global organisation
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Experience of exposure to the non-for-profit sector and/or developing countries
Additional job responsibilities: The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Equal Opportunities: The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Health and Safety: The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
How to Apply
The application process is now open and will close on Monday, 13th March 2017.
To apply for these positions visit the SCI Kenya Website: https://kenya.savethechildren.net/jobs.
The system allows CVs & Cover letter as One(1) document.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agent.