Seed Analyst ( 2 positions)
Scientific analysis and testing of seeds and other materials through laboratory tests and other procedures to determine the germination ability, purity and content of a sample and compliance with established standards.
- Responsible for day to day operations of the seed lab
- Seed Sampling both in the field and processing plant
- Filing all records related to seed inspection.
- Maintaining samples for reference purposes and traceability of the seed lots/batches.
- Maintaining re-order levels for all the consumables in the lab
- Assist with Quality Management System as directed by the Quality Manager.
- Ensure all equipment are calibrated and service schedule maintained
- Ensure all the lab procedures, work instructions and protocols are updated accordingly.
- Evaluation of physical purities, grading and seed health and advising the relevant people
- Evaluation of germination and calculation of germination % and seed lot examination
- Responsible for all trainings of personnel in the lab and conforming to ESH regulations
Education & Experience
- Degree in Agriculture or related field
- At least 5 years of related experience
- Experience in rangeland/native seed quality testing.
- Must undertake and pass private analyst course with Kephis.
- Experience/knowledge in seed production and conditioning
- Supervisory experience.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Knowledge of seed quality, seed testing, and seed conditioning.
- Knowledge of seed testing methods, chemicals, products, and equipment.
- Knowledge of the Quality Management System.
- Ability to verbally communicate with employees and customers.
- Ability to apply conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work under seasonal time constraints.
- Motivational Compatibility
- Position will be based in Nakuru
- Occasional travel for meetings and training purposes
- The ability to fit within the Monsanto culture and work ethic
How to Apply
Interested candidates can apply at https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/247533902/ or directly at firstname.lastname@example.org