Duma works is recruiting a Senior Mechanical Engineer for our client; a manufacturing social enterprise based on the outskirts of Nairobi.
Our client is looking for a driven candidate to fill the Senior Mechanical Engineer position at its modern clean cookstove manufacturing facility.
He/she will Develop, improve and implement manufacturing processes, including tools and jigs for fabrication, assembly, finishing, and infrastructural materials, among others.
Roles and responsibilities
- Work closely with and help to train QC inspectors, technicians and production personnel in enhancing the quality and manufacturability of our product.
- Creating and editing SOP’s and QC inspection documents.
- Root cause analysis and trouble-shooting production issues and further refining the production system. This often requires creativity and resourcefulness to keep the factory running while waiting for proper repairs or components.
- Evaluation, maintenance and repair of factory equipment including mechanical, hydraulic, and electronic systems.
- Take a leadership role in bringing up new production lines.
- Read and manipulate models and drawings in CAD.
- Problem finder and solver.
- Hands on.
- Action oriented.
- Mechanical aptitude, ability to troubleshoot and repair mechanical issues with production equipment and tooling.
- Excellent communicator.
- Detail oriented and well organized.
- Works well in a team.
- Comfortable working with basic shop machines and tools: manual mill, lathe, welders, etc.
- Familiarity with basic metrology as it applies to our stove parts and tooling.
- Welding and fabrication skills are preferable.
- Experience in a medium volume, medium tech manufacturing setting, preferable.
- Electrical control system basics is preferable.
- Solidworks CAD skills: able to read drawings and complete design work
Professional Portfolio and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2647”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2647 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 28th February 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer