Software Developer / Full Time Programmer
Tradestar Kenya Limited is fast growing outsourcing organization situated in Thika town. We are looking for a qualified programmer to join our programming department.
The preferred person should have;
- Design and build advanced web based software applications
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Work with outside data sources and API’s
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Have ability to develop cloud software
- Have web development skills
- Contribute to technical design and progress meetings
- Write test versions of program code
- Test installation, security and compatibility issues
- Keep accurate records of the development process, changes and results
- Review test results and fix technical problems (known as bugs)
- Install a full version of the software and carry out quality checks before going ‘live’
- Maintain and support systems once they are up and running.
Education and experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Computer Science/Software development/Software
- Good knowledge and experience with HTML/CSS
- Experience with DHTMLX/Paradox/C++ is an added advantage
- SQL, Java, C++, XML, Ruby, Python and PHP
- Oracle, UML (Unified Modelling Language) and Linux
- .NET frameworks (such as C# (c-sharp), ASP and VB).
- a good knowledge of software and programming languages
- the ability to learn quickly
- the ability to interpret and follow technical plans
- a creative approach to problem-solving
- an understanding of development processes like ‘Agile’
- excellent communication skills
- the ability to work with people at all levels, including non-technical staff
- good project management skills
- the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- good teamwork skills
- an understanding of confidentiality and data protection issues.
- Distance of travel from home to office in Thika must be less than 45min
Salary: based on qualifications and skills
If you are up to the challenge and posses the necessary qualification and experience please send your resume and application letter indicating your experience to email@example.com
Let the resume and application letter hold your name. e.g. Ann Wanjiku_CV or Ann Wanjiku_Application
The two documents must be in pdf format
Only successful candidates will be contacted.